Nicholas Rossi AKA Nicholas Alahverdian AKA Arthur Knight

Shocked this fella doesn't have a thread of his own already. I first came across it when I saw the below video, taken from a 60 minutes interview, which went semi-viral a few months back (apologies, apparently the Sun are the only ones who have the vid on YouTube):

It was only a few weeks later I actually heard about who this guy was, and it is incredibly hard to work out where to start with this story. Nicholas Rossi was wanted on a number of charges, including rape, in Western states of the US. He apparently self published his obituary in a New England newspaper as part of a wider attempt to fake his own death (his purported final act as described in that obit are amazing).

Fast forward a few months and a mysterious figure went into a Glasgow hospital with severe COVID symptoms. While trying to figure out the comatose patient's identity, Glaswegian police compared his tattoos to an Interpol database and got a hit on Nicholas Rossi.

He has since been detained pending a (now ongoing) extradition trial, in which he claims he is not Rossi but an Irish orphan academic named Arthur Knight. He claims his COVID and media attention have left him dependant upon a wheelchair and oxygen mask, however a prison doctor testified that he had kicked a prison officer high on the body. He claims the tattoos in question were placed on him while comatose. 

Interesting side issues include his also being potentially wanted for rape in the UK, his attempts to accuse the Scottish prison service of anti Semitism by offering him a ham sandwich, and his involvement in a bizarre case in Utah where a district attorney announced at a news conference that he (the district attorney) was going to be named in a child sex abuse case due to the hostility of the police department and the machinations of Nicholas Rossi, at this time under the pseudonym Nicholas Alahverdian who purported to be a journalist. The DA was later implicated in a different sex abuse scandal. 

I'd recommend the TrueAnon reporting on this stretching back to the DA's press conference which later bled into an interest in Rossi. STV have also done some very interesting reporting on the chap. 

Apologies for getting any of the details above wrong, this was all off the top of my head.

I started off thinking he was a big chancer but I'm sure he's actually got a mental illness.  If he wasn't a total scumbag it would be a bit sad.  

Edited by itzdrk

12 hours ago, itzdrk said:

I started off thinking he was a big chancer but I'm sure he's actually got a mental illness.  If he wasn't a total scumbag it would be a bit sad.  

Agreed. Total fantasist and likely a danger to women. He's probably started to believe his own shite too. 

If he's looking for another alias he could do worse than look in Viz:

aldridge.jpg.b64a99b3c120ff8e08fd352078c15a4b.jpg

17 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Get the fucker deported.  His wife is quite clearly a complete idiot and in need of serious help also.

Listen, the man can't stand up without falling back down in a very camp way. Give him a break!

On 05/07/2023 at 16:43, s_dog said:

There's bizarre stuff, and then there's this guy. Get him shipped back to the US right now, why are they even bothering with court?

Because even court officials deserve a laugh now and again?

• 4 weeks later...