Two seasons in

8 minutes ago, beaver watch said:

If you don't have a ground you shouldn't be playing in the premier League.

Is that a dig at St Cadocs? They are spending a fortune on players while seem to be very happy to ground share with Benburb - is that fair or reality of trying to start a new WOSFL team in Glasgow that is a struggle for new venues / areas to build a park so you need to ground share?

4 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Is that a dig at St Cadocs? They are spending a fortune on players while seem to be very happy to ground share with Benburb - is that fair or reality of trying to start a new WOSFL team in Glasgow that is a struggle for new venues / areas to build a park so you need to ground share?

I couldn't give a jot about st cadocs it's my opinion that if your in the premier you have your own ground.

21 minutes ago, beaver watch said:

I couldn't give a jot about st cadocs it's my opinion that if your in the premier you have your own ground.

You should be licensed if you’re in the top division.

Its a nonsense that clubs are part of a pyramid but can’t get promoted,utterly pointless.

37 minutes ago, beaver watch said:

Would the same go for all clubs who rent their ground, for example from the council? 

1 hour ago, Shannon said:

It does seem strange to me that teams have been allowed to step up without their own stadium. 
I would not pass negative comment on any as don't have the full facts to hand or the plans in place from these clubs to rectify their homeless situation. It might even be the case part of the criteria of joining was to provide a plan to the beaks thar they would have a stadium within a certain amount of years. 
I think without knowing the full facts you just need to applaud these teams for being ambitious and making the step up 

Just now, Plantar fasciitis said:

It does seem strange to me that teams have been allowed to step up without their own stadium. 
I would not pass negative comment on any as don't have the full facts to hand or the plans in place from these clubs to rectify their homeless situation. It might even be the case part of the criteria of joining was to provide a plan to the beaks thar they would have a stadium within a certain amount of years. 
I think without knowing the full facts you just need to applaud these teams for being ambitious and making the step up 

Still say no ground no premier football. 

2 minutes ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

It's not exactly without precedent. Just on a larger scale with the numbers involved. When Clydebank joined I don't imagine anyone thought their original ground situation would be long term. Same with Rossvale who started at Petershill. Not sure what people thought about Gartcairn other than a lot of work need to be done.

47 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It's not exactly without precedent. Just on a larger scale with the numbers involved. When Clydebank joined I don't imagine anyone thought their original ground situation would be long term. Same with Rossvale who started at Petershill. Not sure what people thought about Gartcairn other than a lot of work need to be done.

No it's not, it would be good to know if teams do need to produce a business/future plan to obtain a stadium before joining the league, which you'd think given we are now in a pyramid system that would be a requirement 

No it's not, it would be good to know if teams do need to produce a business/future plan to obtain a stadium before joining the league, which you'd think given we are now in a pyramid system that would be a requirement 

You're correct although I'm just waiting for glensmad to hit out with his usual of  ' but the Milan clubs groundshare '   so that makes it all okay 😆

I think part of the problem has been that some of these clubs have had plans, but reality isn't something within their control. Finnart i'm sure had intentions around Glasgow Green and now bidding on Crownpoint. If they get it good for them. If they don't it just leads to more questions around their plans.

3 minutes ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

Agree. Teams are coming into this set up with no roots. They have nothing to offer but a financial plan and the Wosl have sat back and let it happen. They way it's going the premier will be full of ex-boy clubs where all the fixtures will be played at 6 grounds. No facilities no premier position.

4 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

You're correct although I'm just waiting for glensmad to hit out with his usual of  ' but the Milan clubs groundshare '   so that makes it all okay 😆

If only we had San Siro type stadia in our league set up! Maybe the Burgh will be the first to replicate it given the quoted wages being paid! 😁

6 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

My usual ? I may have mentioned it once, a long long time ago. 🤣

iirc St Cadoc's put in a planning application for something in the Mearns but it ran into local opposition.

Also in regards to all clubs moving as whole from the West Region into the WOSL & pyramid that had the side effect imo of accelerating the entry of the North & Midlands into the pyramid.

13 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Can't quite work out what is wrong with ground sharing on either a short or long term basis.

In theory nothing, but in practice it can make you question the point of a club trying to operate at this level. Broomhill being the most extreme example, they are about to start their 10th season and have played in 4 different grounds in 4 different towns/city.

Rossvale didn't do too badly either going Petershill-Huntershill-New Tinto-Petershill. Where they seem to have settled having given up on the idea of being a Bishopbriggs team and becoming Caledonian Locos.