FA Cup 2023/24

Eednud

16 hours ago, Eednud said:

Barnsley kicked out but for some reason the Rovers of Nailsworth aren’t.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67637539

It's different rules that were breached, Barnsley fielded their own ineligible player whereas FGR fielded a loan player (Callum Jones from what I've read) for whom they didn't have permission from the parent club - paperwork wasn't sent in time by the parent club so I guess not really their fault? Although you'd think they would be able to find out before the game.

He played 90 minutes though so no reason they shouldn't be kicked out IMO, might have been Hull's fault* but it's still FGR's responsibility to make sure their players are eligible.

*If what I've seen is right

• 2 weeks later...

I just realized I forgot to post the GIF after the latest round where the team that the fate has chosen for me (Alfreton) has lost (again)

Blackadder head drop.gif

Walsall in the next round, they are up against Southampton so I am not overly confident there either

Oh well, Up the Saddlers!

Edited by senorsoupe

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone fancies it, the East Stanley Working Men's Club are doing a fantastic offer for the Tyne-Wear game.  All you can drink for £25.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/24021033.unlimited-drinks-25-east-stanley-working-mens-club-derby/

An absolute killer detail in the final sentence.  What a day that would be.

For those not heading to Stanley on Saturday for the half time crisp buffet the Third Round gets underway tomorrow night with Crystal Palace v Everton, three games on Friday, a shit load on Saturday, some on Sunday and one on Monday. Four non-league sides are still going strong with the lowest ranked Maidstone United (6) v Stevenage Town (3) meeting on Saturday. Also on Saturday Watford (2) v Chesterfield (5), Newport County (4) v Eastleigh (5) and on Sunday West Brom (2) v Aldershot Town (5). Pity clubs that treat this competition with disdain were not allowed to bring back their top players the further they progress. 

Yeah, they should be banned from picking matches between teams from the same division for televised games until at least Round Five. Tottenham vs Burnley is tomorrow's offering. f**k off.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

So why are: Brentford-Wolves/Fulham-Rotherham on Friday... Wimbledon-Ipswich/Millwall-Leicester/Coventry-Oxford/Maidstone-Stevenage on Saturday lunchtime... Sheffield Wednesday-Cardiff/Swansea-Morecambe on Saturday teatime... and Luton-Bolton/West Ham-Bristol/WBA-Aldershot/Peterborough-Leeds/Nottingham Forest-Blackpool on Sunday; despite not being in TV?

There's just 10 of 32 ties on Saturday afternoon - despite 'only' 9 being televised (including 2x I-player/1x S4C)?

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

So why are: Brentford-Wolves/Fulham-Rotherham on Friday... Wimbledon-Ipswich/Millwall-Leicester/Coventry-Oxford/Maidstone-Stevenage on Saturday lunchtime... Sheffield Wednesday-Cardiff/Swansea-Morecambe on Saturday teatime... and Luton-Bolton/West Ham-Bristol/WBA-Aldershot/Peterborough-Leeds/Nottingham Forest-Blackpool on Sunday; despite not being in TV?

There's just 10 of 32 ties on Saturday afternoon - despite 'only' 9 being televised (including 2x I-player/1x S4C)?

Overseas TV. 

Every tie from the third round onwards gets full “live” OB coverage, meaning they’re all available to overseas broadcasters. So kick-off times are spread across the weekend to maximise the number of games that can be shown internationally. 

But there’s also a large number of London teams at home, so the Met will also have wanted a few shifted away from Saturday.