Champions league 2023/24.

guinness

5 minutes ago, guinness said:

Watching the The New Saint's v BK Haken on S4C. The Swedes 2 nil up in the first 12 mins😳 I think it's going to be a long game for the New Saint's. 

Suspect I’ll be turning it off at half time because the games done 🤣

Edited by PSJ.84

After taking the scalp of Hungarian side Ferencvárosi Faroese side KÍ have added Swedes BK Hacken to the list. This also guarantees the side some kind of European group stage football becoming the first side from the country to do so. Klaksvík is on one of the northernmost islands in the Faroe Islands & has a population of 5062.

On 03/08/2023 at 16:00, GNU_Linux said:

After taking the scalp of Hungarian side Ferencvárosi Faroese side KÍ have added Swedes BK Hacken to the list. This also guarantees the side some kind of European group stage football becoming the first side from the country to do so. Klaksvík is on one of the northernmost islands in the Faroe Islands & has a population of 5062.

KI beat Molde 2-1 in the first leg. Another great result. I think I am more invested in their results than I am in Dundee United's right now...

32 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

KI beat Molde 2-1 in the first leg. Another great result. I think I am more invested in their results than I am in Dundee United's right now...

This is a ludicrous run from Klaksvik. Only a draw away from guaranteed Europa League group stage. It looks certain it'll be Galatasaray in any CL playoff, which you imagine would be a step too far for them.

Regardless of what competition they end up in, I doubt many teams will be relishing a November/December away game in the Faroes.

27 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Maybe the wrong thread and I must be abit behind but WTF I’d going on with next seasons format?  A league where you only actually play less than a quarter of the sides involved? Mental.

In a way it's like the premiership split, with only 8 fixtures, one meeting with a team, at total random. 4 Home, 4 Away; except everyone is thrown in one league table.

It's just UEFAs (shite) effort at compromising with the Super League clubs.

3 minutes ago, ClydeTon said:

In a way it's like the premiership split, with only 8 fixtures, one meeting with a team, at total random. 4 Home, 4 Away; except everyone is thrown in one league table.

It's just UEFAs (shite) effort at compromising with the Super League clubs.

It’s not in anyway like the premiership split. In the split you earn what side you end up on and can’t end up on the other side of the line.

You have me even more worried with your at random comment, i at least thought all teams that a club plays play the same teams almost like a group that is then put into the league. Is that not the case? 

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

You have me even more worried with your at random comment, i at least thought all teams that a club plays play the same teams almost like a group that is then put into the league. Is that not the case? 

Nope, it's say... Celtic, up against 8 totally random teams.

I at first also thought it would be mini-groups of 5 or 4, which would then be thrown into one table, but it seems more like it's a random mix. From the 38 or so in the league phase. Totally mental format.