2023/24 Scottish Premiership Predictor

1. Celtic

2. Rangers

3. Aberdeen - best of the rest but never looking like winning a trophy. It’s the Aberdeen way

4. Hearts - will sign lots of players on big wages and be better than most of the dross in the league, but off field trials and tribulations will steer the ship into choppier waters. It’s the hearts way.

5. Kilmarnock - boring as hell to watch but very efficient. It’s the McInnes way.

6. Hibs - Will go from being a clown shoe outfit to a run of swording everyone then back again. Very unpredictable is the sensible prediction here. It’s the Hibs way.

7. Livingstones - will make some very good signings which no one knows how they can afford them, but the media say nothing; those players then move onto bigger clubs and turn to dugshite. It’s the Livingston way.

8. Saints - the Perth club will still be weighed down by all that trophy bling from recent seasons, and start very slowly.  Eventually the club realises it’s time they actually signed some players for the first team and greatly improve cruising into the top six.  Saints then go on a league record run of 10 games without scoring and miss out on top six. It’s the St Johnstone way.

9. Ross County - will be steady enough and after flirting with relegation most of the season, will confirm safety in the first post split match. Nobody will even notice.  

10. Dundee - will start off well but fade. The Dundee courier throw a street party to celebrate neither Dundee club being relegated.

11. The pandas of paisley - will be hard to beat at their home ground, and set a new record for draws at home, but struggle away from home. A lack of goal threat makes it a tough season, but a play off match up against Greenock Morton brings late season excitement…Until Morton win.

12. Motherwell - without their one decent player the Steelmen struggle. Things boil over for kettlewell, as second season syndrome kicks in and the fans turn against him. Derbies with airdrie to look forward to.

Championship - Dunfermline

play-offs - Morton, Airdrie, Inverness CT

League Cup - Stenhousemuir

Scottish Cup - postponed due to a burst water main in Glasgow city centre.

Trophy is shared between the OF and they do a joint open top bus tour of every town in Scotland. Fans of the rival clubs hold hands in the streets in a show of togetherness which inspires a re-release of the McCartney classic Pipes of Peace,  which spends 6 weeks at number 1.

Spoiler

14 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Celtic will win the league. Beale will resign. 

One of the Saints will be relegated. 

Motherwell will chunder along being unspectacular.

Dundee will start well then slam to a halt about November and lose 10 on the bounce.

I quite fancy Beale not to be there at the end of the season as well.  Motherwell, Livingston and St Mirren will be perfectly fine, as usual.   St Johnstone, Dundee, Ross County will be fighting it out for the chance to beat a not very good Championship team handily.  

1. Rangers.  I think they've recruited well and Beale is a good manager.  More importantly, i think Celtic will take time to transition in style.  There's every chance Celtic win the league by 10 points right enough.

2. Celtic.  Folk coming back rarely works as well, and patience is thin if it doesn't. The defence looks suspect still.

3. Hearts.  I'm prepared to accept we could be shite again.  Very much dependent on how well our injured players return and making at least 3 good signings.

4. Hibs.  Purely based on Aberdeen will struggle with the group stage games as we did.  Don't think Hibs look any better on paper than last season at this point.

5. Aberdeen.  The group stages need a big, quality squad. At this point Aberdeen don't have one.

6. Kilmarnock.  Think McInnes has improved them and they've made some good signings it looks like.

7. Motherwell.  Van Veen is a huge loss, but Kettlewell has done a great job so far.

8. Dundee.  This is a flier and they might be utter pish

9. St Mirren.  Squad looks worse than last season but could easily be top 6 again, cause not convinced by many teams

10. Livvy.  I think they'll struggle this season, but Martindale should keep them safe.

11. Ross County.  Shite again imo

12. St Johnstone.  Just feels like it's their time.  

1. Celtic

2. Rangers

3. Aberdeen

4. Hibs

5. Hearts

6. Motherwell

7. Kilmarnock

8. Dundee

9. St Mirren

10. Ross County

11. St Johnstone

12. Livingston

A lot of people writing us off, probably rightly so given form of recent seasons. I actually think we will do okay on the condition we add 3 or 4 more - there seems to be a method to the madness in recruitment. 

Killie have signed well and I think they will crack on after consolidation last season. St Johnstone & Ross County continuously flirt with relegation and the play-offs but I think it may be Livi's season, just with the way last ended and I think the form will continue in to this one. 

Celtic/Rangers - who cares really? 

I think the race for 3rd will be a close one between Hibs and Aberdeen. Hearts 'wha's in cherge?' act will be disastrous I think.

Conclusion - what the f**k do I know? Just stay up Dundee ffs.

53 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Consistent if nothing else. 

Just my opinion on what I have watched so far we have about six so called strikers who don't know how to score and a midfield who are M.I.A most games.as for defence Dunne and Gallagher are done .Hopefully the manager will be able to make something out of a pigs ear otherwise we are in big big trouble IN MY OPINION. 

2 hours ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

1. Celtic because they have more money than the other cheek  

2. Rangers because they have less money than the other cheek

3. Aberdeen 

4. Hearts

5. St Mirren

6. Motherwell 

7. Livingston 

8. Hibs

9. Kilmarnock 

10. Ross County 

11. Dundee

12. St Johnstone

Don't be silly, having the superior budget doesn't win titles, Celtic just try harder.

On 17/07/2023 at 12:18, Pens_Dark said:

1. Celtic

2. Rangers

3. Aberdeen

4. Hibs

5. Hearts

6. Motherwell

7. Kilmarnock

8. Dundee

9. St Mirren

10. Ross County

11. St Johnstone

12. Livingston

A lot of people writing us off, probably rightly so given form of recent seasons. I actually think we will do okay on the condition we add 3 or 4 more - there seems to be a method to the madness in recruitment. 

Killie have signed well and I think they will crack on after consolidation last season. St Johnstone & Ross County continuously flirt with relegation and the play-offs but I think it may be Livi's season, just with the way last ended and I think the form will continue in to this one. 

Celtic/Rangers - who cares really? 

I think the race for 3rd will be a close one between Hibs and Aberdeen. Hearts 'wha's in cherge?' act will be disastrous I think.

Conclusion - what the f**k do I know? Just stay up Dundee ffs.

Ah but we were doing a Killie in the run in, winning/drawing/not losing at home and losing away, it just looked worse because we had more away games in the run in to the split.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1. Celtic - biggest budget wins the league in non shock

2. Rangers - more cash than everyone bar Celtic. But have a habit of losing lots of points 

3. Aberdeen - Europe is a disaster but a strong end season run gets them third. They beat Rangers at Pittodrie so everyone is happy.

4. Hibs - Solid enough and a lot less exciting than their fans want them to be. Europe is not good - skelped by the first decent side they play.

5. Hearts - Management structure makes no sense. Mid-season madness costs them third.  For Europe - see Hibs.

6. Motherwell - Comfortably in the top 6, Kettlewell gets plaudits.

7. Dundee - a solid run from the dark blues.

8. St Mirren - become very inconsistent. Get an amazing win over Rangers then lose 5 on the trot.

9. Kilmarnock - Improvement from Killie but still have a wobbly defence. MacGennis injured in September for 6 months do creativity lost.

10. Ross County - Big Malky keeps them up with plenty to spare 

11. Livingston - Start well but sell too many important players in January and can't win after that.

12. St Johnstone - Nothing feels right about this season for the Saints. Rebuild job required.

League Cup - Rangers

Scottish Cup - Celtic.

Edited by AndyM

If you can’t get excited at the start of a new season then what’s the fucking point? Hibs 3rd, Hearts to banter and goodbye to Livingston & St Johnstone (FINALLY)

1. Celtic - boring

2. Rangers - see above

3. Hibs - Seems like we’re 2 or 3 players away from being a good side, hopefully we get them, unlike many, I like Lee Johnson as a manager, as a person less so but I enjoy his football.

4. Aberdeen - Struggle with European games and not convinced Robson is the managerial messiah he appeared to be at first

5. St Mirren - If they can keep the likes of Baccus and Strain they could have a good season

6. Hearts - They’ll pick up when they finally punt Steven Naibadge but I’m pretty hopeful of a banterful season, too many good players to be in the bottom six if they bring in a real manager though

7. Motherwell - Kettlewell seems to be doingwell but the loss of Van Veen leaves them too lean

8. Kilmarnock - Surely they can’t be as bad away from home as they were last season, boring football, Magennis to manage less than 15 games but solid enough to stay up, expect them to continue to pick up a lot of points at home.

9. Ross County - Expecting them to play the most dull football ever but Simon Murray will single handedly keep them up

10. Dundee - Dundee will not Dundee, this is based on nothing other than hope and enjoying away trips to the DD postcode

11. Livingston (Beaten by Yogi Hughes’ Dundee Utd in the play offs) - No chance this will happen because Livi will Livi but I am absolutely fed up of losing 6 points a season to them and maybe they will finally f**k off + their stadium is shite

12. St Johnstone - Again, doubtful but I do feel like a relegation has been coming for them over the last few years and I wouldn’t be shocked to see them go.

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/07/2023 at 04:56, RossBFaeDundee said:

1st. Celtic
2nd. Rangers
3rd. Aberdeen
4th. Heart of Midlothian
5th. Kilmarnock
6th. Hibernian
7th. St Mirren
8th. Motherwell
9th. Ross County
10th. Dundee
11th. Livingston

12th. St Johnstone

An update. Hopefully we can still get those rumoured midfield additions in.