SPFL Clubs raising the drawbridge?

5 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Agreed, I have little sympathy with anything that applies to LL directors / Boards after the B team fiasco over recent years.

Agree fully, an absolute mess caused by premier clubs with no thought for others and 'LL directors with pound signs in their eyes. Stop the premier reserve teams, save money, and expect others to fix the problem of giving their players games. 

8 minutes ago, terracingtam said:

Rubbish!  It's "minnow" part time Clubs that have worked hard to meet the required standards expecting others to do the same rather than commence a general decline.

Clubs that have been hanging on to cash handouts from the clubs higher up who actually bring the cash in.

Meeting bronze standard should be the very minimum an spfl team meets in my opinion. It doesn't seem to be particularly hard either. 

Have coaches with badges.

Have a doctor.

Have a legal expert. 

Have acceptable floodlights.

Have a pitch within the agreed dimensions and slopes. 

Have a ground that seats 500+. 

8 hours ago, Greenmachine said:

Clubs that have been hanging on to cash handouts from the clubs higher up who actually bring the cash in.

So is your solution to let all Premiership clubs keep all of the cash? 

You're literally describing how football works in almost every country.

12 hours ago, Greenmachine said:

It’s got nothing to do with standards and everything to do with self preservation.

it’s pathetic that minnow part time clubs like to keep other minnow part time clubs out of their little club.

12 hours ago, Greenmachine said:

Old firm fan in thinking everything is about them and  having a right to dictate to everyone else shocker. 

Talking about self preservation and the poor old “ minnow clubs” when
your club certainly has no issue in throwing cash at “minnow clubs “when it benefits them in the form of a Colt team or a conference league. Where was the concern for the integrity of Scottish Football then?

Brass neck man

Edited by Ocelot1877

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

So is your solution to let all Premiership clubs keep all of the cash? 

You're literally describing how football works in almost every country.

There are 2 AUTOMATIC relegation places from the EFL.

I can’t think of a country with a pyramid system which doesn’t have an automatic relegation place?

Edited by Greenmachine

15 minutes ago, Greenmachine said:

I can’t think of a country with a pyramid system which doesn’t have an automatic relegation place?

The Netherlands has no relegation at all from the 2nd tier.

Someone with better internet skills than me could probably find something, however I am sure when Regan launched the Lowland League he spoke about it being the case then. Without actually saying it, the move was brought in to give the big Junior clubs time to get their stadiums up to scratch, but rather than word it as that it was worded along the lines of "all teams with league ambition" however everyone at the time knew what he meant. So all the clubs that moved to join the Lowland League knew that within time, they would have to bring their facilities up to Bronze standard, so it's probably a move to implement what had already been agreed rather than any sort of self preservation.

6 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

Meeting bronze standard should be the very minimum an spfl team meets in my opinion. It doesn't seem to be particularly hard either. 

Have coaches with badges.

Have a doctor.

Have a legal expert. 

Have acceptable floodlights.

Have a pitch within the agreed dimensions and slopes. 

Have a ground that seats 500+. 

Why would clubs need a legal expert? Cant they just instruct a lawyer as and when they need one?

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

Someone with better internet skills than me could probably find something, however I am sure when Regan launched the Lowland League he spoke about it being the case then. Without actually saying it, the move was brought in to give the big Junior clubs time to get their stadiums up to scratch, but rather than word it as that it was worded along the lines of "all teams with league ambition" however everyone at the time knew what he meant. So all the clubs that moved to join the Lowland League knew that within time, they would have to bring their facilities up to Bronze standard, so it's probably a move to implement what had already been agreed rather than any sort of self preservation.

Main thing for me isn't that they do this, but how they implement this. I've already seen that promoted clubs would get grace to get this sorted so it won't block promotion. I assume they just need a plan of how to do it. Having to take a doctor to every LL away game for example (as you'd have to take your own one if you're on bronze and the opponent isn't and don't have their own doctor) could be very expensive for clubs, but imo it's reasonable to ask them to have it sorted after promotion.

Time will tell on that I suppose!

It’s no real surprise that shite SPFL 2 clubs are desperately trying to come up with ways to make it harder for non league clubs to get promoted given that every club that’s gone down hasn’t  come back!

Albion Rovers still trousered £50k from the SPFL despite being bottom and getting relegated whilst champions Spartans got £0 for winning their league and beating Brechin and Rovers to get promoted.

it’s the Self Preservation Football League.

3 hours ago, Greenmachine said:

I agree that automatic relegation at the bottom needs changed but thats got f**k all to do with the nonsense I replied to previously. Time for you to go on ignore I think. 

20 hours ago, The Moonster said:

The floodlights at Dumbarton fell under requirement a few years ago but the club argued it was actively looking to relocate and it did give us some time but eventually we were facing fines if we didn't upgrade. I assume fines will be how they punish clubs already in rather than kicking them out altogether.

Not meeting the Bronze Standard can already result in fines like all Cup revenue, etc, so, yes.