Camelon Juniors 23/24

1 hour ago, Casey Jones said:

So it’s a shootout between Dunipace and Newtongrange for top spot? Good to see the Midlothian team back in the Premier League next season.

Very good😁

6 hours ago, patriot1 said:

That’s why I’m discounting them. All five of their remaining games are against teams in the top 7 with tricky visits to Leith and Blackburn to come. 

Realistically Star are going to need to win at least four of those five. Difficult.

So it's in Nitten's hands then? 👍🏻

Edited by Passthebaw

As a 5-10 game "watcher at Camelon, I'm delighted at the appointment. Loved the football Moore had us playing, some coup for the club and a great character that you'll love having about. He's strict but fair and has a list of contacts throughout the game, I can totally understand why the board have made the change.

The wife was out shopping tonight, so a perfect excuse to nip along the road and watch tonight's King Cup match. Camelon romped to a 5-0 win over a fairly plucky Newburgh, but in truth the winning margin was a pretty fair reflection of the match. Camelon were well on top for almost the full 90 minutes and attacked with width and pace that Newburgh really struggled to deal with. A lot of nice 1-touch passing and the 4th goal in particular was exhibition stuff.

The pitch was looking in a fantastic condition, after all the rain recently and the condition of other grass pitches I've seen recently it was really commendable to see how good this one looked. Whatever they are doing at Camelon to their grass, they're doing it well.

Also a well done to the ref for this game... it wasn't a dirty game at all, but there were still a couple of challenges that he let go and just allowed play to continue. It really added to the game just letting the players get on with it. Was so refreshing to see. Honestly don't think there was more than 3 fouls in the 2nd half and this just let the game flow nicely. 

Great to see Moorey back in the game, and it seems like a great appointment for Camelon. As a former resident, I've got a big soft spot for the club.

He always came across well during his time at Clyde as Danny Lennon's assistant, and I would probably have been happy for him to have taken the team on an interim basis until we found a new manager as opposed to the inevitable-but-still-bizarre rehiring of Jim Duffy right off the bat.

Good luck for the rest of the season!