Camelon Juniors 23/24

1 minute ago, lithgierose said:

League should take preference surely.?

Well that's what has happened with previous clashes for other clubs (unless the league opposition agree to move) so unless Stonehaven/SJFA move the Junior Cup game then Camelon will have to forfeit and end up not even playing a game in the competition.

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:

Game vs Stonehaven apears not be listed on the SJFA website. Fixture list tweeted out by club today also doesn't include it so I assume it's been scratched.

It was on the fixtures tweet the SJFA put out yesterday, thought they were maybe going to try and play both games using U20s or something. Quite funny that Camelon re-entered the cup and have ended up not playing a single game...

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

It was on the fixtures tweet the SJFA put out yesterday, thought they were maybe going to try and play both games using U20s or something. Quite funny that Camelon re-entered the cup and have ended up not playing a single game...

That's Stonehaven into the guaranteed "prize money" rounds on a walk-over. As well as a spot in the 2nd Round used by a club on a bye unable to meet their commitments. A lot of these EoS withdrawals seem to happen quite last minute despite obvious conflicts which must lead to further frustrations for their opponents.

Are Camelon banned from next season's draw at the very least?

• 3 weeks later...

My first trip to Camelon in over 20 years... and what an excellent set up it's become. It's a proper small football ground and has been done really well. The pitch looked great, the pies were excellent and the amount of sponsorship boards around the pitch means whoever is selling the product is doing a great job! 

Only complaint... could turn the floodlights down a bit... got dazzled every time the ball went over to a far side corner!

But a well done to all at the club, I was really impressed and easily one of thd better grounds in the East Region.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
23 minutes ago, IR1970 said:

All the best to Gordon and Martin but im sure the players will now push on and get the club promoted. 

They are bang in there with a chance. I think it’s a straight shootout between Camelon and Whitburn for the third promotion spot.

9 hours ago, patriot1 said:

They are bang in there with a chance. I think it’s a straight shootout between Camelon and Whitburn for the third promotion spot.

Nitten still have to play Dunipace, Whitburn & St Andrews (2 of them at home) so i wouldn't discount them yet. 2 defeats in 20 odd games, maybe just a dip in the last 2. 

Edited by Passthebaw

3 hours ago, Passthebaw said:

Nitten still have to play Dunipace, Whitburn & St Andrews (2 of them at home) so i wouldn't discount them yet. 2 defeats in 20 odd games, maybe just a dip in the last 2. 

That’s why I’m discounting them. All five of their remaining games are against teams in the top 7 with tricky visits to Leith and Blackburn to come. 

Realistically Star are going to need to win at least four of those five. Difficult.

18 hours ago, patriot1 said:

So it’s a shootout between Dunipace and Newtongrange for top spot? Good to see the Midlothian team back in the Premier League next season.