Camelon Juniors 23/24

Been to that ground twice. Got in a lot of 'Junior' games during my training. I think Camelon was my favourite ground. My second experience wasn't great though. Absolutely chucking it down and the game was abandoned after 20 minutes or so. Would love for them to put a stand up behind the goal just to piss off the guy who's made the cool wee stand in his garden :lol:

What they've done with artificial turf as a run off area right up to the barrier shows how you can squeeze in as wide a pitch as possible if licensing criteria are an issue where pitch dimensions are concerned as I suspect would have been an issue for them to achieve a width of 56 metres on entry level.

4 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

What they've done with artificial turf as a run off area right up to the barrier shows how you can squeeze in as wide a pitch as possible if licensing criteria are an issue where pitch dimensions are concerned as I suspect would have been an issue for them to achieve a width of 56 metres on entry level.

Again in English?

On 22/07/2023 at 12:09, 19QOS19 said:

Would love for them to put a stand up behind the goal just to piss off the guy who's made the cool wee stand in his garden :lol:

It started with him standing on a ladder to watch games.

Following season he had built a platform and sat on a chair.

Following season he had built a wee covered "stand" on the platform.

What a tight fisted cnut. 

52 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

It started with him standing on a ladder to watch games.

Following season he had built a platform and sat on a chair.

Following season he had built a wee covered "stand" on the platform.

What a tight fisted cnut. 

Aye it's quite cool but in the same breath pretty sad given its peanuts to watch the game. If I was on the Camelon board I'd definitely stick up some kind of advertising board right in front of it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Another fine win and performance at Carmuirs - top of the league.

Need to be wary when they play them in the Scottish in a couple of weeks, could have been a different story had their No9 had his shooting boots on

As the drumming youngsters were singing - ''No Kemlin no party'' - brilliant!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 01/08/2023 at 21:41, Rubber_Gub said:

I've seen it, but I can't quite believe it. 

20230801_202712.thumb.jpg.58ade7ce923dc9cde3e649a66d01885a.jpg

Saw this when I was at the match on Saturday. I thought it was brilliant and one of those things that you only find in "non-league football". I did wonder if he bought a season ticket, which is why the club embraced it or if he was just someone being a bit of a chancer. Imagine that though, you could just please yourself with a cuppa or a beer, I loved it.

I hadn't been to Camelon in a long long time, many a year, but it's going to be a regular haunt for my son and I. We love to travel around the grounds when we can't make Stirling games, and the 2 of us really enjoyed Saturday and are looking forward to getting back.