Morton v Ayr - Opening Day 2023/2024

1 minute ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Played them off the park after going behind.

Anybody remember that time when Ayr fans weren’t at all bothered about us signing Robbie Crawford?

What a boy.

Every fan base has their idiots, that wasn’t the majority opinion at all. 

1 minute ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Anybody remember that time when Ayr fans weren’t at all bothered about us signing Robbie Crawford?

What a boy.

After stinking out Livingston, Motherwell and Thistle, you are right, we should have rioted, boycotted the lot that we didn’t sign him

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

After stinking out Livingston, Motherwell and Thistle, you are right, we should have rioted, boycotted the lot that we didn’t sign him

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Every fan base has their idiots, that wasn’t the majority opinion at all. 

You’re right, it would seem…

The damning pattern of Bullen’s tenure is that I don’t think there has been one single game at this level where we have dominated the midfield and sometimes you need someone to stand up and calm things down and play from there. Morton had two hugely experienced players in Power and Gillespie doing that and it showed. We’d rather try and dig in and defend 1-0 for half an hour away from home. 

In Bullen’s tenure we have been far too naive at times and end up playing the game in the way our opponents want us to. Think this stems from us having very little gameplay ourself which was a common occurrence with McCall as well. 

We’ve got Inverness next week which is already shaping up to be a must win but if we’re going to be gifting three goals to teams that we should be at least on a par with then I’m not that hopeful for this season. 

8 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

What a boy.

TBF the vast majority of us were very disappointed Crawford left. Only a couple of folk bizarrely didn't rate him.

He's a pler.

1 minute ago, Mayos Noun said:

The best team clearly won. Only one trying to play football. 

Thought we were stodgy as f**k until we went behind… but in the context of this tight league, it was a bit of a spanking after that.

Shows again what we know already: this team needs to play with real intensity to get results.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

In Bullen’s tenure we have been far too naive at times and end up playing the game in the way our opponents want us to. Think this stems from us having very little gameplay ourself which was a common occurrence with McCall as well. 

There's just no excuse for naivety anymore. 

First half was pretty even. Thought Ayr missed Murdoch badly after he went off. 

Goal came against the run of play imo. After we scored there was only ever going to be one winner. Thought Crawford and Boyd were both superb for us, as were the rest of the team. 

Special mention to the boy who came on at RB for Ayr and McGeady. Both absolutely rancid. McGeady is finished and the other boy looked like a fish out of water. 

Just now, GMFC89 said:

First half was pretty even. Thought Ayr missed Murdoch badly after he went off. 

Goal came against the run of play imo. After we scored there was only ever going to be one winner. Thought Crawford and Boyd were both superb for us, as were the rest of the team. 

Special mention to the boy who came on at RB for Ayr and McGeady. Both absolutely rancid. McGeady is finished and the other boy looked like a fish out of water. 

McGeady hasn’t played in about eight months, so I wouldn’t quite be writing him off based on a twenty minute cameo. 

Good to hear the RB we were all pinning our hope on being our first decent full back in years was good though 😂

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The damning pattern of Bullen’s tenure is that I don’t think there has been one single game at this level where we have dominated the midfield and sometimes you need someone to stand up and calm things down and play from there. Morton had two hugely experienced players in Power and Gillespie doing that and it showed. We’d rather try and dig in and defend 1-0 for half an hour away from home. 

We’ve got Inverness next week which is already shaping up to be a must win but if we’re going to be gifting three goals to teams that we should be at least on a par with then I’m not that hopeful for this season. 

welcomepartypal.gif.e2d902c8f4feefbc3e7db4549137fbb1.gif

19 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

What a boy.

MOTM for me.

2 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

There's just no excuse for naivety anymore. 

No he had a bit of breathing room for me as he was largely new to management but it’s been 18 months now and also his comments over the summer about being experienced enough have gotten rid of that. He hasn’t learned anything in this time and we’ve lost huge games due to lack of game management or not sensing when a change needs to be made. 

He was spot on when he said we needed experience but today showed we needed them in defence and in midfield. I’m not slagging the signing of Murphy as I’m sure he’ll win us points this season but he’s not in a position where he’ll help us manage a game in the way Power did for Morton. 

2 minutes ago, GMFC89 said:

boy who came on at RB

Bullen doesn’t play players who sign after he does “shape” in training…well, he’s used that excuse a few times.

He has stayed loyal to the players who did well in the league cup, players that were, at best average last season.

I let out a sigh when I saw the line up today, too light in midfield, 2 up front that don’t do enough when we don’t have the ball against a team that play with high intensity. 
The fact he keeps doing this shite is beyond acceptable now.