Morton v Ayr - Opening Day 2023/2024

5 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

There's the additional issue with McGinty that over and above how terrible he was, he should also have been [redacted] because he's a [redacted] who [redacted].

What’s this? 

2 minutes ago, AuAl said:

I think there was a drink driving charge when he was 17 or 18.

Very stupid behaviour.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/local-news/manchester-united-youth-star-sean-686269.amp

mqdefault (3).jpg

Edited by itzdrk

Just now, No_Problemo said:

Are we seriously going back to someone doing something stupid when they were eighteen fucking years old to try and castigate them. 

They would never sign Alan Lithgow if that was the case, or an individual banned for betting on matches.

Good on Morton for being the moral compass Scottish football needs. 

12 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

They would never sign Alan Lithgow if that was the case, or an individual banned for betting on matches.

Or have a manager who caused a player to medically die on the pitch.

My redactions are entirely football related, I didn't know about the drink driving and no club can claim to be morally upstanding when it comes to employing people with criminal offences in their background.

On an entirely hypothetical and unrelated note, if a footballer was to be involved in a serious footballing offence and evidence of that offence wasn't in the public domain, it would therefore potentially be unwise to explicitly post that allegation online, but if you had reason to believe it was true yourself you could still dislike that footballer for that reason.

Is this because he signed a pre contract with us then got sent off against Arbroath? 

Struggling to think what constitutes a serious footballing offence that you couldn’t talk about online. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Is this because he signed a pre contract with us then got sent off against Arbroath? 

Struggling to think what constitutes a serious footballing offence that you couldn’t talk about online. 

Sectarianism like Kirk Broadfoot? 

25 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

But we voted against VAR so it all cancels out, right? :)

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

You could be onto something there...

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

My redactions are entirely football related, I didn't know about the drink driving and no club can claim to be morally upstanding when it comes to employing people with criminal offences in their background.

On an entirely hypothetical and unrelated note, if a footballer was to be involved in a serious footballing offence and evidence of that offence wasn't in the public domain, it would therefore potentially be unwise to explicitly post that allegation online, but if you had reason to believe it was true yourself you could still dislike that footballer for that reason.

Yet truth is an absolute defence in a libel case, in which case if it's true go ahead and post it.

22 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Aw it's the conspiracy theory that he got sent off on purpose against Arbroath.  

Which is almost better than him being just that stupid and/or clumsy. I think I'd maybe rather people think I was doing something underhand, to be honest. 

38 minutes ago, Peil said:

Yet truth is an absolute defence in a libel case, in which case if it's true go ahead and post it.

For what it's worth that isn't actually true in the UK is it? Unsure about Scots law but in England something sufficiently defamatory can still be held to be libellous even if it is technically not wrong.

Genuinely can't believe this thread is now all about whether McGinty is shit or not after he had a shit game.

Edited by Thumper

49 minutes ago, Thumper said:

For what it's worth that isn't actually true in the UK is it? Unsure about Scots law but in England something sufficiently defamatory can still be held to be libellous even if it is technically not wrong.

Genuinely can't believe this thread is now all about whether McGinty is shit or not after he had a shit game.

nah, it's a defence now
https://www.legislation.gov.uk/asp/2021/10/section/5/2021-04-22