Morton v Ayr - Opening Day 2023/2024

1 hour ago, TONTROOPER said:

Dont think they will be screening league games Ghost (I may well be wrong of course).

Dont know if this applies to overseas ....but after Saturday..I'd be surprised if too many Ton overseas fans would want to go for it again.........wash my mouth out....Go for it O/seas Ton fans...refunds arent a problem from what I've heard.

Ha… I was in the ‘UK’ on Saturday, but will be in Dublin’s fair city this week… worth a punt: ride Ayr rotten, few pints of Guinness, chorus of Molly Malone at the source…

On 01/08/2023 at 13:30, Cowshed said:

I would kindly request all supporters to join in with a round of applause on the 54th minute for a good friends uncle who sadly passed away, he was Morton daft home and away cheers for this when it happens! 

Met the gent in question a few times on trips to see Queens at Cappielow, including the Scottish Cup tie last year.  Have been mates with his brother for a long time.  Regardless of the result every trip has been a cracker and Morton fans have always been sound.  RIP Mick.

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

A few weeks ago getting a win in this game would have been a worry for us of an Ayr persuasion. I think we have shown enough in the LC games to not have to be worried about facing mid/bottom half of the league teams. 

This is just begging to age well.

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

A few weeks ago getting a win in this game would have been a worry for us of an Ayr persuasion. I think we have shown enough in the LC games to not have to be worried about facing mid/bottom half of the league teams. 

You never fucking learn do you. 

14 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

This comment would have been best saved for game against a mid/bottom half team.

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Last time I predicted an easy win we got shafted, I’ve learnt my lesson since then you should do the same 

2 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Any idea where we’ll be housed yet?

Says Wee Dublin End on Ayr's website, no word on our end.

But of course it is Morton we're dealing with here, so you could just as easily be thrown into the Stand or the Shed.

Edited by ClydeTon

4 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I don't really understand why football teams at this level make it so hard to give them money sometimes. Happily pay £20 for a stream for those abroad tomorrow, but nah you have to pay £80 for a half season subscription. 

Because they are not allowed.

Just now, Jamie_M said:

Don't think PPV is allowed now since the 3pm blackout was brought back, no.

Yeah, it is allowed for customers outside the UK though - that’s what I’m talking about. Morton are offering a stream tomorrow for users abroad but you aren’t able to buy an individual match, only a half season ticket subscription for £80.