Inverness v QP

If I was a gambler, which I'm not, I'd advise other gamblers that this is a match 'best watched'. Both sets of supporters unsure what to expect from their teams and fearing a negative bounce from a promotion near-miss on one hand and a cup final run on the other.

I hope Caley can get the win, but if not, I hope QPFC field an ineligible player.

No idea how we will line up.  I think it might be something like this

---------------Ridgers---------------

--Davidson---Devine---Delaney---Harper--

--------------Carson---Welsh------------

-----Samuels-----Doran-----Shaw-------

----------------Mckay--------------------

Not replacing Deas is the big worry of the close season - it's Devine plus one of Duffy, Delaney or Max Ram at the back.  Not sure we have anyone in the same mould as Allardice to dominate in the middle of the park but Carson and Welsh are strong.  I would much prefer if we'd signed someone with pace as we've lost both Henderson and Daniel Mackay who, while not perfect, both gave us a pacey option.

On 30/07/2023 at 17:52, bridgeofweirdo said:

I expect to see Calum back in goal after Callan cost us a goal... 

To be fair, he also did well with two one on ones. I'd go with the experience though.

It's still early but, to make an impact, we have to be going to places like Inverness and picking up a point or three.

1-1 draw, Paton to score for us. Ideally, we'll win and an unhinged Dodds post match interview will top the weekend off.

Ridgers

Davidson  Devine  Duffy  Harper

Carson  Gilmour

Longstaff       Brooks          Shaw

McKay

Think that’s our best team, short of Welsh and McGregor who I think are injured. 

2-0 to Queens Park

Edited by Juanjo Nostalgia

Can see this being one of many goal-fests this season! 

Implementation of the system is going to be a bit of a roller -coaster as others have already suggested.

I realise this is straight out of the 'Ministry for the Bleeding Obvious' handbook, but as long as we can keep converting chances and out-play the inevitable 'high press' that everyone and his dug is going to try to use against us, it's going to be a highly entertaining and palpitation inducing season!

'mon the Spiders !🕷️🕸️ 

1 hour ago, Cyclops van Gogh 1867 said:

...... meant to add......🤔

ICT 2- QP 3 😃

Nah! 2-0 away win both goals scored in the last 10 minutes after a complete snoozefest of a game. Home fans start leaving after the first goal which came from a moment of madness in our central defence giving away a penalty, many supporters directing gems of advice towards the home dugout as they leave. 2nd goal for QP a couple of minutes later empties the North Stand and kills the game as a contest.

Crowd approx 1700

9 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

Nah! 2-0 away win both goals scored in the last 10 minutes after a complete snoozefest of a game. Home fans start leaving after the first goal which came from a moment of madness in our central defence giving away a penalty, many supporters directing gems of advice towards the home dugout as they leave. 2nd goal for QP a couple of minutes later empties the North Stand and kills the game as a contest.

Crowd approx 1700

That sounds an absolutely magnificent day out.

Looking forward to this. I think it'll be tight game with nerves on both sides. First league game of the season so the Thistle fans are likely to be in fine voice. However, they can turn against their team (or manager) fairly quickly so an early goal for Queen's would be good.

Tight game, 2-1 for the QP.

Absolutely no idea how this will turn out, but the paper thin squad and the prospect of Louis Longride at right-back - who's admittedly looked half decent in the couple of games I've seen him in, albeit against lower division teams - are not concerns you want to have going into a new campaign.

Would like to see McKenna, Bruce and Healy all start. If we're going to go with this youth gimmick then we may as well do it properly.