Who's going doon?

Every season we all say this will be the closest league yet, however there are always a few teams who stand out as favourites to be in the shite. 

This season I just don't see any clear relegation candidates. You might say for arguments sake Airdrie but they have goals in that team and will be a pain in the arse for a few sides. Or you could lool at Arbroath who were shite for a lot of last season but sorted themselves out. 

Who is your money for a trip to the seaside league 

For those who seen little of Airdrie last season, we had the pleasure of seeing them four times - much better team than Falkirk even though they finished lower in the table. Three very tight draws, and one game where we were 3-0 down at HT and came back to win 3-4.

I think some feel they’ll be the favourites to go down because they came up via the playoffs but I think they’ll do well. Don’t get me wrong, they have the ability to get a bit of a random pasting, but they more than have the ability to give one out too.

Right I’m away to power wash myself, I was just nice about Airdrie. 🤣

Edit - forgot to add my piece. I think Arbroath will be favourites. If we don’t get the cheque book out rapid we’ll also be in the running.

Edited by The Toun Clock

The two angriest arseholes in Scottish football going head to head in a relegation battle would be box office. 

Step forward McPake and Imrie

There will be a wild card, a team that is stinking from the first game that will be there for the season accompanied by Airdrie and Arbroath. 

Queens Park - mad manager appointment, rarely goes well
Dundee United - Goodwin has became an anchor to football clubs, can he turn it around?
Raith - Murray has a f**k up in him
Dunfermline - strolled league one, McPake was pish at this league the last time with more money
Ayr - Paper thin with competent defenders, one is made of chalk. 

The Thistles and Morton are the only three that I think are unlikely to be that wildcard. 

Arbroath.

I just look at their squad and don’t think there’s any real Championship quality in there. Campbell is still living off time he bought two seasons ago and seems hell bent on discovering the next Nouble from the lower reaches of English football despite the fact he had nothing to do with Nouble coming to Scotland in the first place.

59 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The two angriest arseholes in Scottish football going head to head in a relegation battle would be box office. 

Step forward McPake and Imrie

There will be a wild card, a team that is stinking from the first game that will be there for the season accompanied by Airdrie and Arbroath. 

Queens Park - mad manager appointment, rarely goes well
Dundee United - Goodwin has became an anchor to football clubs, can he turn it around?
Raith - Murray has a f**k up in him
Dunfermline - strolled league one, McPake was pish at this league the last time with more money
Ayr - Paper thin with competent defenders, one is made of chalk. 

The Thistles and Morton are the only three that I think are unlikely to be that wildcard. 

Did McPake not finish second, and then get promoted via the playoffs the last time he was in this league? 

I'm putting it out there, I'd take that IMO.