Saudi Pro League

I can't see a Saudi thread.

Who is going to win this year? 

The league have made some very good signings but the funny thing is going to be really top players playing in the same team as players that are nowhere near that level so you are not going to see the top players playing at their best. They can't.

It might not be worth watching but will keep an eye out for Hendry at Al-Ettifaq. 

Anyone who takes even the slightest bit of interest in this farce of a league needs to go and have a word with themselves. I'm not having this "what's wrong with wanting to watch some of the best players in world football" pish - if that's your mentality then you have been truly suckered by the Saudi sports-washing machine. Treat this competition with the contempt it deserves. 

4 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

I can't see a Saudi thread.

Who is going to win this year? 

The league have made some very good signings but the funny thing is going to be really top players playing in the same team as players that are nowhere near that level so you are not going to see the top players playing at their best. They can't.

It might not be worth watching but will keep an eye out for Hendry at Al-Ettifaq. 

My pal recently watched Ronaldo's mob play Celta Vigo in Portugal.

He said Brozovic was class and getting visibly agitated with the ability of his teammates. 🤣

42 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Anyone who takes even the slightest bit of interest in this farce of a league needs to go and have a word with themselves. I'm not having this "what's wrong with wanting to watch some of the best players in world football" pish - if that's your mentality then you have been truly suckered by the Saudi sports-washing machine. Treat this competition with the contempt it deserves. 

Are you not an Everton fan?

4 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

The Irony being that the much lauded English Premiership, the last bastion of all that's good, honest and fair in the World is owned by American Hedgefunds, Russian Oligarchs, Gangsters and the very same Middle Eastern Governments and their agents that many find so disgusting........

5 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

My pal recently watched Ronaldo's mob play Celta Vigo in Portugal.

He said Brozovic was class and getting visibly agitated with the ability of his teammates. 🤣

I can imagine, I think this is where the league falls apart. The superstars will soon get bored with it.

21 hours ago, WATTOO said:

The Irony being that the much lauded English Premiership, the last bastion of all that's good, honest and fair in the World is owned by American Hedgefunds, Russian Oligarchs, Gangsters and the very same Middle Eastern Governments and their agents that many find so disgusting........

Who is lauding it as that?

The English Premier League is not owned by any of those things, some of the clubs are, and there has been vocal opposition to Man City and Newcastle being owned by foreign governments.

In spite of all that, it can quite clearly take the moral highground over Saudi Arabia anyway on account of England (despite the best efforts of some) actually allowing basic things like treating women as equals, allowing same-sex relationships and not chopping up and murdering critical journalists.