Another team resigns! Seen today a well known and established team Dunoon AFC have folded.

Beetlejucie

3 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

Have Baljaffray left the Central League as well? Can see on a tweet from Eddlewood they are in Greater Glasgow Division 3 next season?

Was literally just going to post about this.

GGP Div 3 has eight teams:

Eddlewood (from SPAFA)

Baljaffray (SPAFA)

Campsie (Stirling - who are now down to 9 teams...)

Craigneuk

Cardross (SPAFA)

Elderslie (new team)

Neilston (SPAFA)

Lochgilphead (SPAFA)

-

SPAFA confirmed teams (13):

Castlemilk OBC

Steins Thistle

Greenock HSFP

Oban Saints

Chryston

Harestanes

Pather

Port Glasgow

Inverclyde

Kings Park Rangers

Glenvale Carlton

Port Glasgow OBU

BSC Glasgow

-

Caley 21s also gone from 13 teams to 8 remaining, with "two still to be announced"...

Edited by Brad Bobley

3 hours ago, Brad Bobley said:

Eddlewood (from SPAFA)

Baljaffray (SPAFA)

Craigneuk

Cardross (SPAFA)

Elderslie (new team)

Neilston (SPAFA)

Lochgilphead (SPAFA)

-

Castlemilk OBC

Steins Thistle

Greenock HSFP

Oban Saints

Chryston

Harestanes

Pather

Port Glasgow

Inverclyde

Kings Park Rangers

Glenvale Carlton

Port Glasgow OBU

BSC Glasgow

-

Caley 21s also gone from 13 teams to 8 remaining, with "two still to be announced"...

It wouldn't be a shock if BSC didn't start the season. Heard Harestanes are struggling also.

4 hours ago, Brad Bobley said:

Eddlewood (from SPAFA)

Baljaffray (SPAFA)

Craigneuk

Cardross (SPAFA)

Elderslie (new team)

Neilston (SPAFA)

Lochgilphead (SPAFA)

-

Castlemilk OBC

Steins Thistle

Greenock HSFP

Oban Saints

Chryston

Harestanes

Pather

Port Glasgow

Inverclyde

Kings Park Rangers

Glenvale Carlton

Port Glasgow OBU

BSC Glasgow

-

Have the division numbers been confirmed for the Greater Glasgow Premier? Surely they won't go for 8 teams in division 3?

SPAFA 15 Seniors teams

Under 21's 12 [ 4 from the cally 21's ]

Under 19's 30

All above are now classed as amateur clubs who can enter the National / District Cups and have clear pathway to senior level should they choose in the future 

Beechwood from Stirling AFA Folded though I understand 2 new teams are entering the League hopefully the League keep going 

20 minutes ago, Antonine united said:

12 12 and possibly 9 in division 3

Have teams dropped out? 30 teams finished the season (Newshot confirmed as dropping out so down to 29). Seven new teams so that would have been 36 for next season.

40 minutes ago, auld yin wae knowledge said:

Beechwood from Stirling AFA Folded though I understand 2 new teams are entering the League hopefully the League keep going 

Linlithgow Rose off to the LEAFA and Campsie to the GGP as well.

Heard rumours that beechwood are merging with dunblane soccer club that folded at the start of the season. Not sure if it would be in the S&D or not. Big ask to go into Cali with the teams already there and ones joining. 

1 hour ago, auld yin wae knowledge said:

SPAFA 15 Seniors teams

Under 21's 12 [ 4 from the cally 21's ]

Under 19's 30

All above are now classed as amateur clubs who can enter the National / District Cups and have clear pathway to senior level should they choose in the future 

Who are the 15 senior teams? I only count 13?

3 hours ago, stanley said:

Have teams dropped out? 30 teams finished the season (Newshot confirmed as dropping out so down to 29). Seven new teams so that would have been 36 for next season.

A couple have joined the new Ggpl Saturday morning league,jordanhill folded as well and off the top of my head Colquhoun away to a different Saturday morning league 

11 hours ago, Brad Bobley said:

That's great to hear. Tarbert obviously took a few doings last year and might possibly be on a shoogly peg? I wonder if LRS's resurgence will affect them at all.

They've not tended to use the same players so I would hope both could live side by side. Having said that, I dont know who was in the Tarbert side this year after the withdrawal - a few of the LRS side ended up at Cambeltown from what I saw. GGP is the right move for Red Star. Good they're back, always enjoy a wander down to watch when dates match.

12 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

They've not tended to use the same players so I would hope both could live side by side. Having said that, I dont know who was in the Tarbert side this year after the withdrawal - a few of the LRS side ended up at Cambeltown from what I saw. GGP is the right move for Red Star. Good they're back, always enjoy a wander down to watch when dates match.

Great to see, for sure. I'm a big fan of the remote and rural teams plying their trade in the central Scottish leagues. Always thought it would be pretty good if there was an Argyll and Bute mini competition, inclusive of LRS, Rothesay, Oban & Tarbert. Can't remember the name of the team who used to play in the GGP from Kinlochleven?

Anyway, S&D looks like:
Stenhouse (moved from Sundays possibly?)

Westfield

Plean

Blackburn

Kincardine

Dollar

Tullibody

Cowie

Dunblane/Beechwood (maybe? They're not joining the Caley)

Really not looking good. 

44 minutes ago, Brad Bobley said:

Great to see, for sure. I'm a big fan of the remote and rural teams plying their trade in the central Scottish leagues. Always thought it would be pretty good if there was an Argyll and Bute mini competition, inclusive of LRS, Rothesay, Oban & Tarbert. Can't remember the name of the team who used to play in the GGP from Kinlochleven?

Anyway, S&D looks like:

Westfield

Plean

Blackburn

Kincardine

Dollar

Tullibody

Cowie

Really not looking good. 

South Lochaber Thistle

3 hours ago, Brad Bobley said:

Anyway, S&D looks like:

Westfield

Plean

Blackburn

Kincardine

Dollar

Tullibody

Cowie

Really not looking good. 

I think that will be Stenhouse United from the Football Central AFL.

The league have put out a tweet looking for late applicants. Must be struggling. Hard to see the league last much longer than another season or two as they keep losing clubs.

Edited by stanley

8 teams so far in the Stirling district for next season 

Kincardine 

Westfield 

plean

dollar 

stenhouse 

Cowie 

Dunblane 

Tullibody.

was always happning imo across the whole amateur set up its happning. For me the Stirling league needs to be radical and see if would be better for a Saturday morning league next year or see how a summer league would work and entice new teams. Sat 2pm is on life support. 

On 14/06/2024 at 23:25, Gazzah said:

Kincardine 

Westfield 

plean

dollar 

stenhouse 

Cowie 

Dunblane 

Tullibody.

was always happning imo across the whole amateur set up its happning. For me the Stirling league needs to be radical and see if would be better for a Saturday morning league next year or see how a summer league would work and entice new teams. Sat 2pm is on life support. 

Can't see a summer league working out as the Forth & Endrick is somewhat on there door step. Also assume Blackburn went to the LEAFA?

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:

Can't see a summer league working out as the Forth & Endrick is somewhat on there door step. Also assume Blackburn went to the LEAFA?

Yes, Blackburn have gone to the LEAFA along with Linlithgow.

On 14/06/2024 at 23:25, Gazzah said:

Kincardine 

Westfield 

plean

dollar 

stenhouse 

Cowie 

Dunblane 

Tullibody.

The best thing for the S&D would be for them and their committee to join up with the Caley/GGP or SPAFA. I'm sure leagues can get special dispensation for extreme circumstances. 

14 hours ago, stanley said:

14 teams listed on the SPAFA site for next season. 12 from last season plus Pather and Stenhousemuir Foundation.

auldyinwaeknowledge mentioned 15 but one must have fallen through. Who are Stenhousemuir Foundation?