Another team resigns! Seen today a well known and established team Dunoon AFC have folded.

Beetlejucie

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/11/2023 at 16:24, stanley said:

Blackhall become the seventh club of the season gone from the Saturday Morning AFL this season.

Notre Dame the eighth. The league is still going strong with 68 clubs so not facing challenges quite as big as the Saturday afternoon leagues.

17 hours ago, stanley said:

Notre Dame the eighth. The league is still going strong with 68 clubs so not facing challenges quite as big as the Saturday afternoon leagues.

I can see them in the Development Section of the SMAFA? Looks like they have moved leagues. Makes sense as they were getting hammered every week.

1 hour ago, Crazy Feet said:

I can see them in the Development Section of the SMAFA? Looks like they have moved leagues. Makes sense as they were getting hammered every week.

Ah, yes perhaps they've simply moved leagues and are back to 0 games. Hell of a lot of games to catch up on in that case.

As far as I am aware,  they were only set up this year so that Riverside would still have a presence in the Stirling League after the main team moved to the Caledonian League.  Essentially a reserve team - using the same Riverside FC badge.

Rannoch of the Greater Glasgow Premier (Division 3) seem to have folded as well.  They haven't played since September, but are still listed in the league table.

Notre Dame possibly the worst team in the SMAFA - their first game since transferring to the bottom division was an 8-1 home defeat.

48 minutes ago, mcruic said:

Rannoch of the Greater Glasgow Premier (Division 3) seem to have folded as well.  They haven't played since September, but are still listed in the league table.

Notre Dame possibly the worst team in the SMAFA - their first game since transferring to the bottom division was an 8-1 home defeat.

Not really understanding why notre dame were moved down to development from 1B. Lot of clubs played them and paid money for parks/refs/kit washes already, to then be told the points have been wiped and they games mean nothing..pretty poor

• 1 month later...

Good luck to all the club's struggling to stay afloat , new man brings players with him - with a distinct possibility that sooner than later, they will disappear. Seems IF you're lucky then you'll find a good crop from a school, college etc that want to stay together. Costs ,circumstances and attitudes have changed, glad I have my own memories from playing ⚽🍻 

Stirling & District down to 10 (Braehead gone).

Ayrshire Premier down to 10 (KFA gone)

Greenock gone from Saturday Morning (many teams have folded from the league this season but it still has a huge number of clubs across many divisions)

• 2 weeks later...