Scotland v England 150th year anniversary match

I sold my ticket.

The success of the NL format has made friendlies an even more unappealing prospect or me than they were before.

I'll make the effort to get off work early for a midweek game like Georgia but not this.

I'll still get a McTominay tattoo if we win though.

On 03/08/2023 at 23:55, the snudge said:

We could hear news filter through that we've qualified just after the game

Possibly during the game depending which finishes first (or if it's like the last night at Hampden we'll know before kick off 😄 )

Being a friendly it’s not got the excitement of the other games but I’m still looking forward to it.

Friendlies have the potential to be either really dull and the players don’t try, or really great as the result doesn’t matter and they all go out to show they should be in the team. I hope the teams make it competitive and that it’s a good game even if the result doesn’t matter too much. 

On 03/08/2023 at 22:55, the snudge said:

We could hear news filter through that we've qualified just after the game

I didn’t realise this. What combination of results do we need for that to happen?

7 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I didn’t realise this. What combination of results do we need for that to happen?

A win in Cyprus and Spain beating Georgia on Matchday 5, then a draw between Georgia and Norway in Oslo the night we play England does it. I think. 

5 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

A win in Cyprus and Spain beating Georgia on Matchday 5, then a draw between Georgia and Norway in Oslo the night we play England does it. I think. 

Brilliant, thanks 👍

10 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

You're correct, those are the exact set of results we need to qualify while playing England.

11 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Being a friendly it’s not got the excitement of the other games but I’m still looking forward to it.

Friendlies have the potential to be either really dull and the players don’t try, or really great as the result doesn’t matter and they all go out to show they should be in the team. I hope the teams make it competitive and that it’s a good game even if the result doesn’t matter too much. 

I suggest the players will be bothered 

Do you recall the 'friendly', at Wembley when Miller and Morrison scored, some game

Edited by Binos

15 hours ago, Binos said:

I suggest the players will be bothered 

Do you recall the 'friendly', at Wembley when Miller and Morrison scored, some game

I forgot about that! Yeah I hope so.

• 2 weeks later...

The banter result here is for England to batter us, mean while the Norway game goes our way and we qualify. 

Free from desire and carnage erupts in the stands while the game is still going.  

Players chuck the match and a massive pitch invasion.

Que much hilarity and heads gone from the English press as the games abandoned. 

That particular set of results is not even particularly unlikely. You’d expect us and Spain to win in Cyprus and Georgia respectively on the Saturday night, so that just leaves Georgia having to go to Norway and get a point which is the trickier leg of the acca to come off. They did draw with them at home, but Norway will be favourites in that game.