Scotland v England 150th year anniversary match

3 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

Spain and France away in October. The tough games come thick and fast. 

I’m weirdly more optimistic now about the Spain game than I was before - last night will hopefully have reminded everyone of the levels we need to reach (and did reach last time) to beat a top team.

Edited by stu2910

49 minutes ago, edinabear said:

Whether you like it or not it, GSTK is the British National anthem and many 100,000s of Scots consider themselves Scottish and British.

GSTK was regularly played in Scottish games right up to the 80s which I think many have forgotten.

Not sure what the Tory party has to do with anything 

Equally, accept that the number of people who support the royal family is waning all over Britain.

Whether you like it or not.

51 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Pretty much every time been to Scotland games over many years has had rangers fans amongst group and had no more or less slagging that any other fan. In fact, I don't know a single rangers fan who doesn't support Scotland and most of the most loyal Scotland fans I know are Rangers season ticket holders.

Aye, the claim from folk that "every Rangers fan they know hates Scotland" is clearly hyperbolic pish. 

Edited by AJF

1 hour ago, edinabear said:

Whether you like it or not it, GSTK is the British National anthem and many 100,000s of Scots consider themselves Scottish and British.

GSTK was regularly played in Scottish games right up to the 80s which I think many have forgotten.

Not sure what the Tory party has to do with anything 

Bit disrespectful to Betty, if true.

Been going to Scotland home and away games for over 30 years and the lizzie in a box and harry kanes a mongo chants are just cringeworthly. I can understand wee drunken neds singing this crap as some of them genuinely don't know what planet they are on but grown men shouting about someone who died and mocking a disability is just plain pish craic. Surely we are better than this? Thankfully people around me were telling them to shut up.

We have some good songs about scotland and our players and also the wee diego maradona dig, we should stick to this.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

I agree about the Kane chant. That's not on. Singing anti royal family songs is fair game though imo. 

Yip.  Booing the royal family is never not on.  Inbred, parasitic, out of touch morons.

18 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Been going to Scotland home and away games for over 30 years and the lizzie in a box and harry kanes a mongo chants are just cringeworthly. I can understand wee drunken neds singing this crap as some of them genuinely don't know what planet they are on but grown men shouting about someone who died and mocking a disability is just plain pish craic. Surely we are better than this? Thankfully people around me were telling them to shut up.

We have some good songs about scotland and our players and also the wee diego maradona dig, we should stick to this.

One of these things is not like the other.

I’ve seen a few people draw a false equivalence between the two already and it’s really tiresome.

22 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

It's a wild ride that you say all of that in the first paragraph then advocate that we sing a song about Maradona.  

59 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Lad infront of me somehow managed to sneak in a few cans of beer. :lol: 

Folk in the row in front of me had half an off licence in with them, more hassle than it's worth for the stewards I guess. Same with loads of folk vaping as well. I'm never going to grass anyone in for that but it's a wee bit entitled, no? 

Apart from the song about Kane the worst bit of the crowd was definitely the farting though. 

Would the English national anthem be booed if they changed it to Jerusalem or land of hope and glory? Yes, probably less so but yes. 

Would the English national anthem be booed if they changed it to Mr Blobby by Mr Blobby? Undoubtedly. 

23 minutes ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

One of these things is not like the other.

I’ve seen a few people draw a false equivalence between the two already and it’s really tiresome.

Dont think I have said they are, its just two chants I have heard following scotland in the last week that I dont particularly like. I also appreciate that people are different and this kind of stuff floats their boats, each to their own