Killie v Rangers

Thought we were excellent, it was a really competitive performance.

I thought Deadco dominated the first 20 mins but it felt as if our players let them have the ball a bit and then thought “they’re nothing special” and just go in about them.

Deas, Ndaba, Watson, Kennedy all great for me but everyone else good at worst as well.

Say it quietly but I also thought Collum had a good game. A couple of wee decisions for both teams I wouldn’t agree with but overall I thought he had a good grasp on the game. 6 minutes blew some people’s mind but after all the talk during the week I almost expect 6 mins to become the new default minimum from now.

Just one other thing to add. I think I’m right in saying we only beat Rangers at Rugby Park once between 1994-2012. Our record against V2 at home since 2016 must be quite a good one we’ve beat them a few times now.

21 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

I thought we were excellent from the off. Shades of the 2-3 start and I just worried we wouldn't take our chances when on top, or that we would fall away. But no, we kept the levels at 100 throughout, blood and thunder from every man in the park. We just wanted it more.

Phenomenal to a man. The young boy Will Dennis in goals, shut his critics up. Deas and Findlay, dealt with everything that came in to the box. Mayo, excellent (what about that recovery challenge!), Ndaba, absolutely phenomenal over that side.

Magennis and Watson were superb. Brad Lyons, holy f**k, his best performance in a Killie shirt. If he can find that level every week he will be some player - heart of a lion!

Armstrong was a threat. Watkins, what a shift big man, worked the defence, held it up, and tracked back to his own half for a huge tackle. Kennedy, MOTM, an absolute menace and a pest, NEVER stops working - love him!

Even the subs - Rory had some important stops. Vassell worked his baws off, some lovely touches, near set up a goal. Important work from Murray, and even big Cameron came on and did a job.

As for Rangers, they are absolute muck. Raskin is a wee fanny who would rather dive about and start scraps. Goldson, Barisic, Souttar, complete shite at the back. As for the new boys upfront, dunkeys all of them.

If we can find that level every week I have no concerns about this season whatsoever!!

Forgot about Magennis in my top players list.

29 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Although it’s delightful to watch Rangers fall flat on their face on flag day 

Even when you’re trying to praise Killie it’s still hollow as you try and link the match to Celtic.

Its the first game of the season, flag day is only relevant to Celtic fans

Edited by AJF

Sima looks honking. Dessers looks as slow as a week in the jail. Tav has lost his redeeming assets which are pace and acceleration down the flank. He has a delivery but so does Barasic and he is shite as well.

56 minutes ago, bennett said:

It's not easy being a bear, that was poor. The usual trying to float in crosses to players who look like they'd prefer it played on the deck, which is easily mopped up.

Was always going to be tricky with a bunch of new players trying to bed in, welcome to the spfl premiership.  A deserved win for Killie who probably could have doubled their lead.

Where did the 6mins of added time come from? 

11 minutes ago, AJF said:

Even when you’re trying to praise Killie it’s still hollow as you try and link the match to Celtic.

Its the first game of the season, flag day is only relevant to Celtic fans

I am a Celtic fan if it escaped your attention so it’s therefore relevant however I’m sure most Killie fans won’t care they are too busy enjoying a well earned and comfortable 3 points today to pay a single bit of notice to any praise I pay them.

1 more thing

Steve Harvey Wow GIF by NBC

Edited by Jinky67

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I am a Celtic fan if it escaped your attention so it’s therefore relevant however I’m sure most Killie fans won’t care they are too busy enjoying a well earned and comfortable 3 points today to pay a single bit of notice to any praise I pay them.

1 more thing

Steve Harvey Wow GIF by NBC

That’s my point. You’re on the Killie v Rangers match thread calling it flag day 🙈

18 minutes ago, TheLad said:

Rangers fans should be hugely concerned. Same usual guff that has most brought failure since start of Gerrard era; slow build up then just throw grenades from wide areas and hope something happens. Terrible. 

A tactic that rarely works in 2023, where most teams have competent centre halves that head away that kind of crosses all day.  It’s how The Caley play, one dimensional shite that any half decent side can overcome.