Injuries

2 hours ago, Tartan Dave said:

Were the 21s already in Turkey when dykes got injured? Could explain not wanting to fly conway back in for a friendly v gibraltar

I'd be surprised if Conway's callup isn't announced in the morning, and that he was left with th u-21s because a start against Turkey was probably of more value than a few minutes off the bench against Gibraltar.

Initial prognosis is that Cooper is expected to shake off the injury he picked up today.

Nothing has been confirmed, though.

It would suck for him if he missed the final international tournament of his career due to an injury.

13 minutes ago, Alan Twelve said:

I'd be surprised if Conway's callup isn't announced in the morning, and that he was left with th u-21s because a start against Turkey was probably of more value than a few minutes off the bench against Gibraltar.

Makes sense, someone supposedly close to being called up anyway, has scored goals at a decent level this season and scored tonight for u21s.

1 hour ago, PrestersKTID said:

Makes sense, someone supposedly close to being called up anyway, has scored goals at a decent level this season and scored tonight for u21s.

I think Stewart will replace Dykes

Am I right in saying this is our current injury situation:

OUT - Aaron Hickey, Nathan Patterson, Lewis Ferguson, Lyndon Dykes

Ben Doak - Working back to fitness after a serious injury. In training but yet to feature in a match. Unknown if he’s fit for Finland.

Scott McTominay - Injured near the end of the FA cup final. Been training separately from the group but Clarke expects him to be fit for Finland.

Stuart Armstrong - Missed the last month or so for Southampton. Working back to fitness but missed Gibraltar. Expected to be fit for Finland.

John Souttar - Missed the last few Rangers games and Gibraltar. Expected to be fit for Finland.

Liam Cooper - Picked up an injury against Gibraltar. Early indications are positive but not clear if he will be available for Finland or not.

Kieran Tierney, Ryan Jack and Che Adams are available after recovering from their respective injuries but Jack and Adams haven’t played full 90’s yet.

Have I missed anyone?

18 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Clarke said yesterday he would think about it over the next couple of days. I would guess what we saw tonight (plus a possible injury for Cooper) makes it more likely he does bring one in.

In Clarke we trust, but it would almost appear to be gross negligence not to.

3 hours ago, JS_FFC said:

Am I right in saying this is our current injury situation:

OUT - Aaron Hickey, Nathan Patterson, Lewis Ferguson, Lyndon Dykes

Ben Doak - Working back to fitness after a serious injury. In training but yet to feature in a match. Unknown if he’s fit for Finland.

Scott McTominay - Injured near the end of the FA cup final. Been training separately from the group but Clarke expects him to be fit for Finland.

Stuart Armstrong - Missed the last month or so for Southampton. Working back to fitness but missed Gibraltar. Expected to be fit for Finland.

John Souttar - Missed the last few Rangers games and Gibraltar. Expected to be fit for Finland.

Liam Cooper - Picked up an injury against Gibraltar. Early indications are positive but not clear if he will be available for Finland or not.

Kieran Tierney, Ryan Jack and Che Adams are available after recovering from their respective injuries but Jack and Adams haven’t played full 90’s yet.

Have I missed anyone?

That's what I've got.

Rumours that Doak is out and it's being announced later. Dykes injury also not a dodgy tackle or anything, self inflicted kicking the ground and twisting his knee. 

Apparently the Cooper thing was just a knee on knee collision and should take a day or so to recover from.

We now have Cooper, McTominay, Doak, Armstrong, Souttar, Jack, Adams, etc, on the treatment table and Dykes out.

It adds credence to my "Clarke should've called up 36 players" claim.

Worse case  scenario, all of the aforementioned don't make it, we'll have 18 players to choose from.

Then there's Tierney, Jack and Hanley who are just back from injury.

Conway, Johnston, Miller, Watson, King, Morrison, Gauld and Morgan should've been all included.

I have the utmost respect for Steve Clarke and the job that he's done, but if we get a tornado of bad luck we might only have 5 or 7 players on the bench, as opposed to 15.

Just now, Highlandmagar said:

Stevie Clark has made an absolute arse of this squad.

100% 

I’m all for loyalty but when you have so many walking wounded and players not getting regular football being selected for this squad it does make you sick!! 

Should he not have selected say 30/32 players and cast his eye over them all, the disappointment for those not selected not as harsh on the 1 or 2 that will be jettisoned this week.

1 minute ago, SlayerX said:

Apparently the Cooper thing was just a knee on knee collision and should take a day or so to recover from.

We now have Cooper, McTominay, Doak, Armstrong, Souttar, Jack, Adams, etc, on the treatment table and Dykes out.

It adds credence to my "Clarke should've called up 36 players" claim.

Worse case  scenario, all of the aforementioned don't make it, we'll have 18 players to choose from.

Then there's Tierney, Jack and Hanley who are just back from injury.

Conway, Johnston, Miller, Watson, King, Morrison, Gauld and Morgan should've been all included.

I have the utmost respect for Steve Clarke and the job that he's done, but if we get a tornado of bad luck we might only have 5 or 7 players on the bench, as opposed to 15.

Same 

You share the same thought as I, and to quote Highlandmagar Clarke has seriously f**ked up this squad selection. 

8 minutes ago, BroraBoy said:

Same 

You share the same thought as I, and to quote Highlandmagar Clarke has seriously f**ked up this squad selection. 

The only saving grace is that Clarke has got 10 days to name his final squad.

The penny has to drop and for him to stop being so stubborn.

15 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

Any further injuries can be replaced right up until the Germany game.

1 minute ago, Lurkst said:

Any further injuries can be replaced right up until the Germany game.

And expect a player to cut his holiday short

There's 10 days, Clarke should stop being so stubborn and call up some more players now.