Hearts v Killie

Not a great game for either side although Kilmarnock probably happier with a point. Hearts far too slow in the build up and when we managed to get into the final third there seemed to be no imagination, Shankland in particular looked done in and lucky not to see a 2nd yellow. Vargas looked pretty sharp when he came on and Kent looks like he will be a solid defender, Kingsley didn't have a great game IMO but is a solid player and can be forgiven for not being at the races. 

Overall need to accept that Killie came with a good game plan and implemented it well, they were tough in all areas of the park and didn't give hearts anything! It was up to us to find a way to unlock them and we weren't able to do that on this occasion, we move onto Thursday which I have a funny feeling might be much of the same considering Rosenberg have the advantage. Need to find a way to break teams like that down. 

1 minute ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Was thinking at the game killie looked fitter than us & that might be the cup games. Felt we handled them from a defensive view. Other than that we were poor.

I think there's an element of it being sharpness, but we also played on Thursday and definitely felt we looked lethargic at times.

3 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Yes it is. It's a new banner, but the size is the same.

The size of the away ssection has been radically shrunk from a couple of years ago.

And the question should be asked why you need such large segregation barriers. Hibs don't have a large barrier when they split their stand.

6 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

The size of the away ssection has been radically shrunk from a couple of years ago.

And the question should be asked why you need such large segregation barriers. Hibs don't have a large barrier when they split their stand.

The segregation banner is on police advice, so feel free to ask them the question. It's been the same for years. The reduction in away fans is a separate issue which has been done to death.

Edited by Tony Wonder

I understand why that bottom-right corner of the away stand at Tynie is covered over for Hibs/Rangers/Celtic games - but there was absolutely no reason for it to be covered over to the extent that is was today. If they'd covered over the last 3 seats in a column I'd absolutely get that, but it seemed a bit like overkill for teams like ourselves and the likes of Motherwell, County, St Johnstone, St Mirren etc. 

Still, it's Hearts' ground and they can do what they like I suppose. As long as the people who are complaining about it the loudest are the old filth that's the main thing. 

4 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:

I understand why that bottom-right corner of the away stand at Tynie is covered over for Hibs/Rangers/Celtic games - but there was absolutely no reason for it to be covered over to the extent that is was today. If they'd covered over the last 3 seats in a column I'd absolutely get that, but it seemed a bit like overkill for teams like ourselves and the likes of Motherwell, County, St Johnstone, St Mirren etc. 

Still, it's Hearts' ground and they can do what they like I suppose. As long as the people who are complaining about it the loudest are the old filth that's the main thing. 

We're not allowed to fill the bottom corner of the RDU.

24 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

The segregation banner is on police advice, so feel free to ask them the question. It's been the same for years. The reduction in away fans is a separate issue which has been done to death.

Aren't the city council ultimately responsible for health and safety. Maybe Hearts should be asking why Hibs get preferential treatment. They are meant to be the wee team after all.

31 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

No why would we do that to ourselves?

It’s just I’d seen a comment earlier that it was put there because there had been instances of the two sets of fans throwing coins at each other so wondered if the same measure had been taken in the Hearts end to prevent them from doing so as well.

Edited by AJF

That was so bad it was like a piece of performance art.

My mate and I spent the whole second half trying to remember the last game at Tynecastle that was that shockingly dull. There was absolutely no chance of anything happening all day. I think it's the worst since the 0-0 with Motherwell around Christmas time 2003 - 2005 some time.

Could really just have sent everyone home after half an hour, as the outcome was set in stone.

Great weekend for me. Watched Burton get fucking pumped yesterday and then that utter fucking snoozefest this afternoon. f**k the fitba.

Edited by VincentGuerin

Match turned out as I feared. Didn't think we'd lose but knew Killie would be well drilled. McInnes' magic showing there. On their first two showings I'd expect Killie to be top six.

Hearts still to gel. A bit frustrating and awful to watch but we've just got 4 points from two bogie teams so can live with that.

Devlin needs benched and we need to do something about midfield though Mackay returning soon will improve that. Defence looks a lot better. Attack... why TF leave a fit and hungry looking Boyce on the bench for most of each game??!!

I look forward to a Hearts team that plays to win for the entire game and not just the last 20 mintues.

Well that was turgid. Firstly congratulations to Killle who were very well organised, and absolutely will challenge for top 6. I thought Armstrong and Kennedy, whilst dicks,, looked good. Kennedy in particular looks more like the one that was at Sylt Johnston rather than the lesser Aberdeen version. I'm personally a bit gutted we didn't go for either of Mayo or Findlay, but I guess I'm happy with Kent anyway.

Now on to Hearts

- Lowry disappointing; not the player if been led to believe we had. One pundit said last week "he always knows how to play the right ball and when". Must have been a different guy (ok he's 19 I'll lay off)

- Atkinson inverting; Fine, it plays to his strengths and offers something different, but Oda can't be the cover on the right as it's a waste. Much better if/when Haring/Devlin slots in

- Boyce/Vargas/Denholm/Forrest (to a lesser extent) - all brought energy and something different. Don't want to burnout Denholm young but I really liked what I saw

- Shape generally; first half ended up very flat up against Killie's flat defence with no outlet. 

- Defence, solid. I liked Kent. I thought Rowles was fine but I wonder if Sibbick would offer something different in the situation we found ourselves as his passing and movement on the ball is generally more adventurous

- Referring; lots of ball out of play calls were wrong for both teams. Didn't see the alleged Shankland issue, but Haring would have had no complaints about walking. Also Sportscene seemed to miss that Killie's (I think no. 8 - Lyons) guy got off with only a yellow from a terrible tackle on Denholm that could easily have been red. To his credit, I guess, you could see from his initial reaction that he knew he'd potentially seriously injured a fellow pro.

Also, the new Multiball system was a farce. Too often too many balls available (to the extent a throw had to be retaken), and the only time it would have been if use (ball in stand, it was nowhere to be seen. Perhaps at a less-tight stadium it will make more sense 

11 hours ago, AJF said:

It’s just I’d seen a comment earlier that it was put there because there had been instances of the two sets of fans throwing coins at each other so wondered if the same measure had been taken in the Hearts end to prevent them from doing so as well.

That area will be all ST. Besides I can chuck a coin just the same be it 3M or 6M😀

Well we all knew it wouldn't be a thriller. 

Hearts seemed clueless how to break Killie down. No worth or urgency at all.

Thought killie all knew and stuck to theor jobs well. Utter shite to watch but they are there to win points not make friends. Don't think either keeper made a save.

Ref watch, I thought Shankland was lucky to stay on the park. Possibly being captain bought him an extra warning. I did however feel we got punished  for fouls that weren't being given the other way. The one on Denhilm I'd like to see again.

22 minutes ago, Aylo vanal said:

Ref watch, I thought Shankland was lucky to stay on the park. Possibly being captain bought him an extra warning. I did however feel we got punished  for fouls that weren't being given the other way. The one on Denhilm I'd like to see again.

I thought the one on Denholm was a stick on red at the game, but seeing it back on Sportscene, it's not. Yellow the right decision for me.

The referee (and linesmen) were terrible though - simply not at a professional standard. f**k sake, the ref couldn't even measure out ten paces consistently.