Aberdeen v Celtic 13th August

Morris was good today but I still don’t think I’ve seen him connect with a cross in his entire Aberdeen career. 

I think you get more leeway when it’s Celtic you’re causing problems but not actually getting the output. I think it’ll be a consistent theme with him and when it’s a 0-0 draw with st Johnstone mid season folk will be raging with him. 

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Morris was good today but I still don’t think I’ve seen him connect with a cross in his entire Aberdeen career. 

I think you get more leeway when it’s Celtic you’re causing problems but not actually getting the output. I think it’ll be a consistent theme with him and when it’s a 0-0 draw with st Johnstone mid season folk will be raging with him. 

He mad Greg Taylor look like he's travelled back to his first year at Celtic but very little end product.

Bojan was brilliant today.

36 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

You'd know if you attended games Drew.

4 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Sigh.

Drew is disputing which songs have been sung, at a game that he did not attend.

I didn't call him out for not attending. The point I was making is that he can't say a certain song wasn't sung, whilst sky apparently muted the sound and he wasn't there.

If a rangers fan posts on here that we sang about the ibrox disaster, at Ibrox, I don't claim that we didn’t

No that’s exactly what you are doing and no amount of back pedalling, mental gymnastics or whataboutery changes it. You were being a p***k and rightly being called out for being a p***k 

1 minute ago, Molotov said:

Still can’t believe it’s season 2023/24 and these utter gimps still think it’s ok to chant drivel about a different country’s historical battles and politics. 

Just fcuk off and give the rest of us some peace. 

Did you notice how white Kris Boyd’s beard is getting these days?

3 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Sigh.

Drew is disputing which songs have been sung, at a game that he did not attend.

I didn't call him out for not attending. The point I was making is that he can't say a certain song wasn't sung, whilst sky apparently muted the sound and he wasn't there.

If a rangers fan posts on here that we sang about the ibrox disaster, at Ibrox, I don't claim that we didn't.

I was disputing with an Ayr United fan about lyrics he thought he heard in a hymn which was sung today, he’s since realised his mistake, I suppose ‘win away’ does sound like ira. The matter was resolved but not for you who had to keep it going for some reason. He, like me, wasn’t at the game but still we both  heard on our television boxes, and even though he wasn’t at the game was still backed up by you, couldn’t make this shit up. 

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

No that’s exactly what you are doing and no amount of back pedalling, mental gymnastics or whataboutery changes it. You were being a p***k and rightly being called out for being a p***k 

Rattled. After winning today too 🤣

Enjoy your three points Jinky. 

I thought we were good in the first half, individual defensive errors aside. Shinnie was excellent, and both wing-backs were contributing well going forward, especially Morris. He was less convincing defensively, which is maybe unsurprising, but he was getting his positioning and distances a bit off. It was maybe exacerbated because I’m in the Main Stand. Miovski and Duk were both heavily involved, with Miovski especially intelligent in his link play, and he was excellent throughout.  

We didn’t completely fall out of the game in the second half, but Celtic improved. Hatate was especially influential in his 25 minutes or so on the pitch. McGregor and O’Riley stepped up too. Polvara really struggled in the second half, I thought. Morris had his influence curtailed too. 

Some encouraging signs, but we are clearly still a few short, both in terms of starters and then depth. Only using Sokler from the bench isn’t a sign that Robson has a huge amount of trust outside his core group. Sadly, I think the XI we ended last season with might well have won today.

No complaints about Clancy, by the way. I obviously don’t have the benefit of replays and haven’t seen anything back, but I thought he got it pretty much spot on. 

Rattled 🤣 mate much like your team you just don’t have the talent to do that.

You get very very defensive dont you.

Before turning to the "rattled" pish about someone else ... when you clearly are yourself!

"Ooh ah up the RA" was absolutely clear. As i said earlier fans of many many other teams heard it.. celtic fans? Nah ... 

3 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Before turning to the "rattled" pish about someone else ... when you clearly are yourself!

"Ooh ah up the RA" was absolutely clear. As i said earlier fans of many many other teams heard it.. celtic fans? Nah ... 

You'd wonder at that the size of their ears...

leprechaun png 10 free Cliparts | Download images on Clipground 2022

8 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

Did you notice how white Kris Boyd’s beard is getting these days?

I’m sure in your tiny wee brain that is funny as I really have no idea the relevance of your comment to what I wrote. 

If I’ve missed the joke then I sincerely apologise. 

Just now, Molotov said:

I’m sure in your tiny wee brain that is funny as I really have no idea the relevance of your comment to what I wrote. 

If I’ve missed the joke then I sincerely apologise. 

You havent.

Simple Celtic deflection when bigoted songs are called out. Weird they sing them in 2023. Maybe even weirder the supporters of Celtic DEFEND singing them in 2023

1 minute ago, afc_blockhead said:

I didn’t actually accuse him of being rattled at all mate, reading the actual conversation would be helpful to make that clear to you in the same way I wasn’t denying IRA songs were sung which I’ve also mentioned there were song clearly heard but this this is the day one isn’t one of them.

But don’t let that stop you jumping in 2 footed 👍

9 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

I don’t think anyone is disputing that?

They’re talking about the “this is the day that we win away” as it was specifically named as a hymn that was changed to include “IRA”… Which it wasn’t.

2 hours ago, mozam76 said:

I was delighted he got a good move as he’s a really sound bloke but, make no mistake, an Aberdeen team looking to cement 3rd whilst competing in European football is a level above his capabilities. 

He's definitely good enough to play for a side competing for third. He's a good squad option especially for domestic competition. I actually thought after his initial calamity he went on to have a decent game. Was my MOTM last week from an Aberdeen perspective. I personally really like him and feel he's going to be a good signing for us.

52 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

The song you mention has no pro IRA lyrics at all however I’m not naive enough to say there weren’t pro-Ira songs sung today, it’s an unfortunate and unnecessary part of the away song book but that doesn’t mean every song is. 

2 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

You havent.

Simple Celtic deflection when bigoted songs are called out. Weird they sing them in 2023. Maybe even weirder the supporters of Celtic DEFEND singing them in 2023

Look above and you will see there is no deflection or defence just clarity on what is and what isn’t. 

Look above and you will see there is no deflection or defence just clarity on what is and what isn’t. 

Which in itself is a bit of deflection putting more attention on something that isn't, than what is. You spend more time making a huge deal defending the what isn't song, than condemning the what is ones. Which is a shame, because more focus on the sectarianism within both erse cheek supports is needed to weed it out for good.