Rangers v Livingston: Saturday 12th August

Sangare's stamina seems to not be at the right level yet. Not surprised he was replaced at half time again. He's shown up well both this week and last but it looks like he needs to get fitter.

The first 3 goals were absolute gifts. Sangare in the wrong postcode for the first, Ayo ball watching for the second and a really poor clearance by Devlin plus nobody following up for the third. The 4th goal is just a case of pure pace against tired legs

10 minutes ago, hoobahabba said:

Nottingham for Brandon was such a weird sub. He had not looked comfortable at all at RWB. We were doing well up until him and Penrice coming on but since then it's been all Rangers. 

Very much. Mackay for Stephen Kelly didn't help either.

Pretty happy with that. Game went a bit flat midway through but we missed a lot of chances so at least we were still creating stuff. 

Defence looked good. Danilo and Cifuentes looked exciting and they'll only get better. 

Dessers was absolutely honking, I'll give him some more time but it's not looking promising for him. Also Tav looked miles off it, has he lost his pace?

Barisic was class, a lot of our fans should hold their hands up but they won't. 

Referee had a stinker. 

Livingston gave it a good effort, looked quite compact and defensively solid for a large chunk of the game but they just fell away and collapsed near the end. Thought the formation change didn't do them many favours, probably went for it a bit too early, they'll be fine this season though. 

Eta. Say it very quietly but Matondo didn't look like he had won a competition for once. 

Edited by RuMoore

3 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Sangare in the wrong postcode for the first

For the rebound? Shinnie had let Lammers go first before Sangare tried to react. Devlin being breezed past by Cantwell was the larger weakness with that goal.

Not having seen the game, but I see Livingston fans have to put up with Rangers fans giving StephenKelly a 10 en masse every week on the BBC player raters.  It’s quite annoying. 

Edited by Savage Henry

48 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

For the rebound? Shinnie had let Lammers go first before Sangare tried to react. Devlin being breezed past by Cantwell was the larger weakness with that goal.

Need to see it again, but I'm not sure I agree. Sangare was a lot closer to the ball than Lammers for the first but was caught on his heels. Gave the ball away a few times in that half too. There's potential with him but I'm not sure he's fully up to it just yet. I take your point on Devlin though, he needed to do better there.

Just now, thruthenight said:

Need to see it again, but I'm not sure I agree. Sangare was a lot closer to the ball than Lammers for the first but was caught on his heels. Gave the ball away a few times in that half too. There's potential with him but I'm not sure he's fully up to it just yet. I take your point on Devlin though, he needed to do better there.

Aye Sangare just stops at the edge of the box and Lammers runs from  a fair bit behind him. I wonder if his new arsehole Martindale will have torn him will help with that

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Not having seen the game, but I see Livingston fans have to put up with Rangers fans giving Steven Kelly a 10 en masse every week on the BBC player raters.  It’s quite annoying. 

It's absolutely bizarre behaviour

6 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Aye Sangare just stops at the edge of the box and Lammers runs from  a fair bit behind him. I wonder if his new arsehole Martindale will have torn him will help with that

Ah, Ok, I didn't see it properly. That's disappointing.

15 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Not having seen the game, but I see Livingston fans have to put up with Rangers fans giving Steven Kelly a 10 en masse every week on the BBC player raters.  It’s quite annoying. 

Eh? Did not know that was a thing.  Also a pet hate of mine was papers giving a player a 2 or the like because they only played a few minutes of a game, made no sense at all.

Just now, gannonball said:

Eh? Did not know that was a thing.  Also a pet hate of mine was papers giving a player a 2 or the like because they only played a few minutes of a game, made no sense at all.

It’s really, really weird behaviour.  I guess the online supporters’ club or whomever started it when he was at County on loan kept it going, thinking it is hilarious.  He gets 9.82 every week, even if he comes on for the last five minutes.  

Newspaper ratings are made up on the spot, ergo pointless.  The BBC ones are even more useless.