St Mirren vs Motherwell Sat 19th Aug 2023

Molotov

Only 7 bites so far. Jesus I am losing my touch.

The truth hurts however. I have been watching Motherwell for near enough 50 years and you have only bettered us in the league a few times

Just deal with it. No need to lash out 😎

25 minutes ago, welldaft said:

3 decades or longer our bitches. For clubs that are apparently comparable in size that is quite frankly fucking embarrassing.

Then they have a season or two of a few positive results and they come over all world beaters. Everyone can see it won’t be long before they disappear into their normal obscurity. The sooner the better. 

Hope you get the Old firm in the next round 🤞🖕.

I remember when we came back from 2-nil down to win 3-2 at Fir Park, avoiding relegation on the last game of the season. That game was also the scene of the most pointless and pathetic fan protest ever, when the Motherwell fans en masse started throwing their season tickets onto the pitch (after the last game of the season :lol:). That must have really showed the board yous meant business, I don’t know how they ever financially recovered from that.  

2 minutes ago, welldaft said:

The truth hurts however. I have been watching Motherwell for near enough 50 years and you have only bettered us in the league a few times

Not bothered at all.:lol:

Buckfast flowing freely tonight I see.

Edited by FTOF

23 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

I remember when we came back from 2-nil down to win 3-2 at Fir Park, avoiding relegation on the last game of the season. That game was also the scene of the most pointless and pathetic fan protest ever, when the Motherwell fans en masse started throwing their season tickets onto the pitch (after the last game of the season :lol:). That must have really showed the board yous meant business, I don’t know how they ever financially recovered from that.  

I believe one person did that and the myth has grown over the years. It was funny at the time though.  In these digital times you keep your season ‘card’ for next year so it you’ll be a real jester nowadays.

12 minutes ago, ropy said:

I believe one person did that and the myth has grown over the years. It was funny at the time though.  In these digital times you keep your season ‘card’ for next year so it you’ll be a real jester nowadays.

Bollocks it was one person! The ‘Malpas Must Go’ banner that had been taken in and laid out under a row of people’s feet got whipped out too. 

11 minutes ago, ropy said:

Way more than that I'm afraid.

After that game I headed to my brother in laws house at that time in Columba Crescent. His son who had attended the game was sounding off about the amount of idiots who had thrown their season tickets onto the pitch.

Sorry to piss on your chips.

20 minutes ago, ropy said:

Nonsense! There were several spent books and scarves chucked on the pitch at FT thslat day.

4 hours ago, welldaft said:

Were you the jaikey da who was purple in the face chasing Ryan Strain the length of the away stand today after he got subbed? If so, well done on providing us a cracking laugh.

Edited by djchapsticks

12 minutes ago, GAD said:

Love it when some seething steamer let's it all out on here after a painful defeat. First Kettlewell now Welldaft adding the icing to this particularly delicious cake.

In summary the Paisley losers are a 1000 points behind us in top flight league points. A 1000 points. Inject that into your veins. 

Asuming we lost every game and you won every game that would take 9-10 seasons before you caught up. When in reality it will never happen. Always in our shadows. Enjoy your win in the diddy cup. But by Christ you are not even close to us in terms of league success. Not even close 😂

9C3634E8-C96B-41F5-B153-7B78D8D8D568.png

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

3 decades or longer our bitches. For clubs that are apparently comparable in size that is quite frankly fucking embarrassing.

Then they have a season or two of a few positive results and they come over all world beaters. Everyone can see it won’t be long before they disappear into their normal obscurity. The sooner the better. 

Hope you get the Old firm in the next round 🤞🖕.

Glorious!

3 hours ago, welldaft said:

In summary the Paisley losers are a 1000 points behind us in top flight league points. A 1000 points. Inject that into your veins. 

Asuming we lost every game and you won every game that would take 9-10 seasons before you caught up. When in reality it will never happen. Always in our shadows. Enjoy your win in the diddy cup. But by Christ you are not even close to us in terms of league success. Not even close 😂

Motherwell had a chairman who squandered £millions during his reign and then took your club into administration. Boyle pumped in around £11M according to reports.

Even that was not enough to actually win any major domestic honours during his chairmanship.

During that “illustrious” period in your history St Mirren were still overcoming a difficult period financially. But we never went down the administration route like so many other Scottish clubs.

Maybe the record books would have looked different had Saints chosen to overspend and then shaft creditors, staff and players like Motherwell, Dundee, etc.

It's good that Welldaft has clarified multiple times over several threads that he's expertly "fishing" for "bites" and it's actually all the St Mirren fans who are absolutely raging, because that may not have been clear to the casual reader.

It’s now 18 years since Motherwell last beat Saints in a cup competition.

We’ve met in 5 ties in that period (3 x Scottish and 2 x League Cup), with Saints winning the lot.