St Mirren vs Motherwell Sat 19th Aug 2023

Molotov

14 minutes ago, Lex said:

HT 1-0

Yep controlled and dominant performance from ourselves so far. Certainly deserve to be ahead, lovely goal from Boyd-Munce from the edge of the box, ripped it right into the net. Foot like a traction engine, etc.

Motherwell have looked hopeless, but I’m sure they won’t be that bad second half, so I feel we are going to need that second goal. 

Last two weeks we had two goal leads to defend, I don't think we'll (sic) get away with another lacklustre second half performance.

FT 1-0
Six wins in a row then, easy. 
As expected Motherwell did improve second half, but not by much. We didn't create as much as we did first half, but still saw it out pretty comfortably. Should have won by more really, Olusanya missed two sitters in the last five minutes and cracked the inside of the post. That was closer than Well came all day. No surprises really, we are a better team than them. 
That's fine, quarter final here we come. One game away from Hampden, kind draw please.
Boyd-Munce MOTM for sure, great call and was lively throughout, looks a  real find.

Been watching that whole 90 minutes. I don't think there was anybperuod in which we simply passed the ball with intent. It was "side, side ,punt" or "side, side, lose possesion".

Mugabi should have been sent off twice but I suspect Willie collum knew having him on the pitch was actually a punishment for us.

The 1 shot on target really shows that we became the Hibs from last Sunday. I honestly thought this might be the season that we start to progress in the cups but we didn't even give this a proper go.

2 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I agree, but this cup isnae "major"

Quite Busta. I am totally 🤷‍♂️ at this result. The Scottish Cup would be an altogether different feeling. 

Well done St Mirren on progressing in the diddy cup. Be a red neck though if Airdrie go further than us. 

First away defeat and goalless game under Ketts. Not fantastic but better than I expected when he took over.

Motherwell had some amount of possession in 2nd half but apart from the long range save from Hemming there were no other shots on target. 

Playing on the counter we should have killed it. Games between the two sides this year are going to be tight as f**k.

Fantastic from the buddies though, great start to the season. 

Just now, Coventry Saint said:

Verge of tears, IMO.

Not really I can assure you. Be more upset if we lose to Killie in league next weekend. 

As I said well done St Mirren. Robinson has done what Robinson does. Turn you into a difficult team to beat. 

Should've been far more comfortable than it was. 

I was a bit nervy at set pieces but other than that I felt our defence strolled in. I'm not having that the two boys up top for Motherwell are better than Mandron. Gogic and Taylor bullied the pair of them until they were both subbed.

McMenamin was the best player on the park, Boyd Munce was excellent, as well as the back 3. Olusanya is going to be a useful player this season, he causes absolute havoc. Mugabe lucky not to be sent off, then the defender on the other side had to wrestle him to the ground too because he was just far too strong.