St Mirren vs Motherwell Sat 19th Aug 2023

Molotov

3 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

We sounded appalling on the radio. Think we call agree that Mandron will be incredibly embarrassed about getting booked against his former team though. In many ways a moral victory for us.

Not sure why Robbo kept Mandron on. He did fine earlier but was done and not sure why Nahmani or someone wasn't brought on

Kettlewell properly deflecting from his players being a bit shite today by losing the plot over a red card decision in the 92nd minute when we’ve barely registered a shot on target the whole game, just to highlight that St Mirren are a bunch of dirty b*****ds. Good lad. 

Motherwell fans on here avoiding the Dundee fans’ salty tears, but choosing the route of ‘diddy cup, disnae’ matter, who cares’.

Fair enough, we’ll see the whole gamut of reactions once each and every opponent is put to the sword in Fortress Feegie.

Erm, aye, ach, let me enjoy it while it lasts. 😎

Haven’t read the thread, but while absolutely delighted at the result, Baccus was so guilty of an endless list of lazy or midplaced passes today that I was sure he would be hooked. Nothing wrong with his effort, but he was all over the shop trying to play relatively simple passes to a team-mate today.

No matter. 1-0 and through to the quarter finals…. Diddy Cup. 😎

15 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Not sure why Robbo kept Mandron on. He did fine earlier but was done and not sure why Nahmani or someone wasn't brought on

Possibly for his height in both boxes. Motherwell are a big side, which was quite noticeable when we were defending corners.

7 hours ago, MP_MFC said:

I thought I saw the similar empty section on sportscene last week vs Dundee so just assumed it was the usual killjoy policing decision due to the proximity of the ultra types. 

Take it there’s no stream at all today? Neither mfc tv or smtv seem to have the game listed. 

Lack of Dee fans last week was the reason. Less than 1000 away fans i believe 

9 minutes ago, McG said:

Thought Big Gogic was man of the match today to be honest, he was absolutely superb all day, solid.

Gogic has been incredible for us since he signed. I don’t ever remember him having a poor game.

I’d have him as captain over Fraser in O’Haras absence.

I’d probably say consistently he has been our best player since he signed. 

Great professional. First name on team sheet for me. 

Zack Hemmings - take a bow!

Well played - I said it was important for our fans to forget about Carson and he has been great so far. He’s still a young keeper and he will have poor games. Hopefully he can deliver this season in the same way big Craig Samson silenced his critics.

4 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Taylor had been magnificent. Think he has really grown in confidence over the last few games.

Agreed.

He's like Dunne without the brain farts.

Edited by Wilbur

18 minutes ago, McG said:

Thought Big Gogic was man of the match today to be honest, he was absolutely superb all day, solid.

Think I’ve seen 5 different Saints players given as peoples MOTM, and hard to disagree with any of them.  

Just now, Bobby_F said:

Think I’ve seen 5 different Saints players given as peoples MOTM, and hard to disagree with any of them.  

Could certainly make a case for Taylor, Gogic, CBM or McMenamin all being named MoTM.