CB: Tam Scobbie

LB: Max Melbourne

RM: Jake Hastie

CM: Gary Fraser

CM: Jamie Barjonas

LM: Rafa De Vita

ST: Steven Lennon

ST: Juan Alegria

I feel bad putting Fraser in there because he was a good player overall for us, but his actual loan spell consisted of a few appearances and then kicking someone repeatedly in the head in a youth game so aye. Andy Firth didn’t play, but I couldn’t think of a loan keeper who’d be actively bad and he was a massive *** so f**k it. 

11 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

GK: Andy Firth

RB: Lee O’Connor

CB: Darren Cole

CB: Tam Scobbie

LB: Max Melbourne

RM: Jake Hastie

CM: Gary Fraser

CM: Jamie Barjonas

LM: Rafa De Vita

ST: Steven Lennon

ST: Juan Alegria

I feel bad putting Fraser in there because he was a good player overall for us, but his actual loan spell consisted of a few appearances and then kicking someone repeatedly in the head in a youth game so aye. Andy Firth didn’t play, but I couldn’t think of a loan keeper who’d be actively bad and he was a massive *** so f**k it. 

Max Melbourne would make it into a team of the worst players I’ve seen at Somerset. Never forget his horror show on the first league game of the season. 

51 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Oaft that’s a good one. 

GK: Ross Doohan

RB: Ross McCrorie

CB: Ryan McGowan

CB: Alex Kirk

LB: Corrie Ndaba

RM: Josh Mullin

CM: Kerr McInroy

CM: Stephen Kelly

LM: Logan Chalmers 

ST: Ryan Stevenson

ST: Craig Moore

Cheating a wee bit as McCrorie never actually played right back for us although it was his natural position at the time. 

Eta: Had to make some changes as I forgot some important guys.

Scott McKenna ahead of Ryan McGowan and this is probably pretty spot on. 

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Scott McKenna ahead of Ryan McGowan and this is probably pretty spot on. 

I had considered McKenna but whilst he was solid in League One, he was dire in the Championship and McGowan did okay in that league. Stuart Bannigan and Jordan Preston were the two that were initially in the squad but I remembered Chalmers and Mullin. 

3 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Would struggle for a morton loan 11 I think but successful loans that I can think of would be:

Brian Schwake

Jamie Brandon 

Calum Waters

Robert Earnshaw

David Wittenveen

Declan McManus? 

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Both preferably!

Allan McGregor

Sam Fisher - Kevin Ruktiewicz - Coll Donaldson - Danny Murphy 

KRH - Tom Beadling -Stephen Glass - Adam Hammill

Steve Crawford - Jim O'Brien 

Really struggled for defenders, we've had quite a few good wide midfielders but not many right backs. 

Ones who missed out - 

Otoo, Mark Connolly, Stolarcyzk, Wighton, Mayo, McInroy, Kiltie, Dom Thomas, Bruce Anderson, Aidan Keena, Paul McMullan, Ryan Scully, Shankland, Paul Gallagher, Liam Horsted. 

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Would be interesting to what sort of loan XI fans could put together.

Will think about a Pars one.

If it's all players in their prime rather than their time at EEP.

GK McGregor

LB Danny Grainger

CB Efe Ambrose

CB Kevin Ruktiewicz

RB KRH

Mid Alex Burke

Mid Paul McGowan 

Mid Adam Hammill

ST Stevie Crawford 

ST Lawrence Shankland

ST Tomas Danilevicius

4 minutes ago, 101 said:

If it's all players in their prime rather than their time at EEP.

GK McGregor

LB Danny Grainger

CB Efe Ambrose

CB Kevin Ruktiewicz

RB KRH

Mid Alex Burke

Mid Paul McGowan 

Mid Adam Hammill

ST Stevie Crawford 

ST Lawrence Shankland

ST Tomas Danilevicius

I'm glad you added in the part about them being in their prime as otherwise I'd have questions!

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

I'm glad you added in the part about them being in their prime as otherwise I'd have questions!

Yes some of them had absolutely none of their glory days on show when they had the black and white on.

3 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Shoutout to EPL loanees Stephen Connor, George Moncur and Henoc Mukendi - totalling eight appearances between them. Moncur scored a banger tbf and managed a decent career. Unbelievably so did Lucas Akins.

10 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Allan McGregor

Sam Fisher - Kevin Ruktiewicz - Coll Donaldson - Danny Murphy 

KRH - Tom Beadling -Stephen Glass - Adam Hammill

Steve Crawford - Jim O'Brien 

Really struggled for defenders, we've had quite a few good wide midfielders but not many right backs. 

Ones who missed out - 

Otoo, Mark Connolly, Stolarcyzk, Wighton, Mayo, McInroy, Kiltie, Dom Thomas, Bruce Anderson, Aidan Keena, Paul McMullan, Ryan Scully, Shankland, Paul Gallagher, Liam Horsted. 

Danny Murphy?! Barely mind him.

Morton loan 11

GK Brian Schwake

RB Jamie Brandon

CB Luca Gasporotto

CB Jack Baird (first spell)

LB Calum Waters

CM Greg Kiltie

CM Jamie Lindsay

CM Paul McGowan

ST Robert Earnshaw

ST David Witteveen

ST Declan McManus

McGowan was used as a striker in his time with us but I couldn't fit him in up front. He's more known as a centre midfielder anyway.

Edit - cant believe I've left out Andy McLaren. He was brilliant with us. Maybe him in for Witteveen with McManus moving central up top. Either way, loads of goals in that team.

Edited by Stevie Aitken's Love Child

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Left back from Motherwell, same time as McGlinchey in our first season down with Kenny, although I remember Murphy playing under McIntyre. I liked him but I can't quite remember whey he didn't stay, he was really short. 

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Just now, HoBNob said:

Left back from Motherwell, same time as McGlinchey in our first season down with Kenny, although I remember Murphy playing under McIntyre. I liked him but I can't quite remember whey he didn't stay, he was really short. 

Yeah, Murphy was a classy operator. We've done well out of loans in the main. Haven't been too many stinkers and even those who weren't great for us have sometimes went on to do well elsewhere.

5 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

2 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Yeah, Murphy was a classy operator. We've done well out of loans in the main. Haven't been too many stinkers and even those who weren't great for us have sometimes went on to do well elsewhere.

Think my only memory of him was the Challenge Cup final.

Robbie Earnshaw, the answer to the often asked question -Who's the only player to score a hat trick at the top four levels of English football, Fa Cup, League Cup, and an international? And of course, one goal at EEP.

All hail the orange ball! 

received_273452693685348.thumb.jpeg.0d549cb94e1de83d59eed371a2475df9.jpegreceived_224206505503598.thumb.jpeg.11f00ad4c27b6dce729fe95047a3e78e.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Dylan Duncan could've been a world beater. 

6 minutes ago, Smurph said:

Shoutout to EPL loanees Stephen Connor, George Moncur and Henoc Mukendi - totalling eight appearances between them. Moncur scored a banger tbf and managed a decent career. Unbelievably so did Lucas Akins.

My only memory of George Moncur is his goal against Ross County and thinking that he might have been worth occasionally playing.

I have no memory of Stephen Connor whatsoever, and I just looked Mukendi up and his entire professional career amounted to less than 500 minutes of football.

In terms of guys who went on to have far, far better careers than their loan spell suggested, Kal Naismith would be my shout.