Your club’s best loan signing

For me, Regan Hendry was probably the best loanee we ever got.  Guy is a masterclass in midfieldery.  More recently, Connor O'Reilly the 18 year old lad we had on loan from Crewe was mature beyond his years and I reckon could play in the English Premiershit soem day.

10 minutes ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

For me, Regan Hendry was probably the best loanee we ever got.  Guy is a masterclass in midfieldery.  More recently, Connor O'Reilly the 18 year old lad we had on loan from Crewe was mature beyond his years and I reckon could play in the English Premiershit soem day.

O’Riordan, but aye he was good. Maybe not that good but definitely one of the better ones we’ve had. 

Scott Tiffoney as mentioned, is the first who comes to mind in recent years at Thistle. Steven Bell on loan from East Kilbride was arguably just as important at the other end. Would also throw in Steven Anderson on loan from St Johnstone a few seasons ago under Gary Caldwell. Lewis Mayo from Rangers perhaps deserves a mention too, he was relatively solid for the most part and seems to have done well since leaving us. 

Difficult one - but I will go with Michael Hector.

Class defender in those early McInnes days, chipped in with a memorable screamer vs Thistle - and ultimately got himself a big money move to Chelsea (and never played for them!).

Honourable mentions for Danny Ward, Ryan Christie, Alex di Rocco and Sone Aluko.  James Maddison may be the obvious one for many, but other than THAT goal, his contribution ended up being peripheral as Derek didn't really trust him enough to even guarantee him a start.

37 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Would be interesting to what sort of loan XI fans could put together.

Will think about a Pars one.

Depends what result you’d like…the “oh, sweet Jesus, no!” team could be filled in an instant…

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye he was signed a fullback/centre back and played just about everywhere but there. Was really good out wide on the right. Was strong for his age and had a good turn of pace. 

He was also excellent in central midfield - I’m sure he played there on his debut v Airdrie and was very good! So much energy, direct running and broke up play well too. 

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

GK: Kieran Wright

RB: Andy Wilkinson

LB: Callum Booth

CB: Niall Keown

CB: Steven Anderson

RM: Chris Erskine

LM: Scott Tiffoney

CM: Graham Dorrans

CM: Prince Buaben

ST: Lyle Taylor

ST: Steven Craig

All picks are based on their actual loan spell rather than any permanent spells. I’ve no doubt forgotten a couple of decent ones as it was a struggle to pick a CM to go beside Dorrans. There’s few decent defenders like Jack McMillan, Lewis Mayo and Jordan Turnbull that miss out.

Edited by Reid

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Oaft that’s a good one. 

GK: Ross Doohan

RB: Ross McCrorie

CB: Ryan McGowan

CB: Alex Kirk

LB: Corrie Ndaba

RM: Josh Mullin

CM: Kerr McInroy

CM: Stephen Kelly

LM: Logan Chalmers 

ST: Ryan Stevenson

ST: Craig Moore

Cheating a wee bit as McCrorie never actually played right back for us although it was his natural position at the time. 

Eta: Had to make some changes as I forgot some important guys.

Edited by D'Jaffo