Your club’s best loan signing

In terms of impact at the time I would probably say Scott Fox or Stephen Mcginn, who were both instrumental in us staying up by a bawhair via the playoffs in 20-21 season. 

In terms of the overall best players, Paul Hartley, Robert Earnshaw & John Spencer all went on to have really good careers after loan spells with us

Throwing the clock back a bit, Ryan Stevenson deserves an honourable mention as the one who stayed. He was like a beacon of hope in our post-Barr banter years and provided us with so many moments. 

29 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

I terms of impact then it'd be hard to look past Kevin Ruktiewicz and Martin Hardie. 

Brought in during the January window when we were trailing in the title race, Ruktiewicz immediately solidified a defence which included Chris Smith and Alex Keddie. 

Hardie meanwhile scored the biggest goals of the season, a late winner at Ross County in injury time, and a double in a sold out fife derby title decider with Raith. The free kick in particular has legendary status. 

We have had better players on loan, but in my lifetime they've made the biggest difference. 

Yeah I can’t disagree with this. We had a really good team but needed that bit of streetwise and experience and that’s exactly what we got. The last five or so weeks of that’s season was such a magical time as a Par.

Honourable mentions to the Craw when he joined on loan for Hibs in the old first division, came back permanently in the summer and what a legend he became. Also hard to look past Adam Hamill, what a six months that was.

26 minutes ago, Oceanlineayr said:

Gutted I missed his skill to setup Mullin in the pre Christmas Raith game with a chest infection.

Sounds like standard virus spreading rather than skill imo, not sure Mullin would have appreciated it either. 

31 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Graham Dorrans (when he was an 18 year old winger) and Scott Tiffoney both from Livi have been the best in the last 20 years. Obviously weren't able to keep Dorrans beyond his initial loan but Tiffoney turned out to be an excellent signing.

Tiffoney was of course the standout loan that season, but we'd possibly still be playing L1 football if we hadn't also loaned Steven Bell from EK.

The other obvious stand out is Lyle Taylor in two separate spells.

1 hour ago, HoBNob said:

I terms of impact then it'd be hard to look past Kevin Ruktiewicz and Martin Hardie. 

Brought in during the January window when we were trailing in the title race, Ruktiewicz immediately solidified a defence which included Chris Smith and Alex Keddie. 

Hardie meanwhile scored the biggest goals of the season, a late winner at Ross County in injury time, and a double in a sold out fife derby title decider with Raith. The free kick in particular has legendary status. 

We have had better players on loan, but in my lifetime they've made the biggest difference. 

Pretty sure Hardie was never actually on loan at Dunfermline? Believe he was on a short-term deal with St Johnstone in 2010/2011 that ran until the January and we signed him up until the end of that season.

Maybe @RandomGuy. can clarify?

Jay Henderson from St Mirren last season was fantastic for us, was gutted when he signed for them over the bridge. 

Scott Allan on loan in the 20/21 season was decent but he only played about 6 games I’m sure. 

Genuinely struggling to think of anyone else that we’ve had on loan that’s been very good for us. Not counting Christie coming back after he signed for Celtic. No doubt I’m missing someone obvious but no one’s coming to mind right now. Never felt we’ve had much luck in the loan market 

Nouble by a mile he was a joke at times but also the worst thing that’s happened since cause dick is desperate to find his own resulting in some amount of jobbers coming up from England on trial even signing a few 🙈

jack Hamilton too brilliant goal scorer for us

19 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Pretty sure Hardie was never actually on loan at Dunfermline? Believe he was on a short-term deal with St Johnstone in 2010/2011 that ran until the January and we signed him up until the end of that season.

Maybe @RandomGuy. can clarify?

Yeah -http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/st_johnstone/8679834.stm

Left us after this to sign for you.

21 minutes ago, SmokeyJoe said:

Nouble by a mile he was a joke at times but also the worst thing that’s happened since cause dick is desperate to find his own resulting in some amount of jobbers coming up from England on trial even signing a few 🙈

jack Hamilton too brilliant goal scorer for us

Yeah, they’re the two obvious ones for us. Like you, I also think that Nouble broke something in Dick Campbell’s brain.

Jack Hamilton pretty much single handedly kept us up in 20/21 and he deserves enormous credit for that.

Another one that folk seem to forget about is Craig Forsyth, played for us on loan from Dundee in 2008/09. Done not bad for himself since then.

A couple in recent years…

Kyle Turner - His loan spell to us seemed to showcase how good he actually was/is. He ran games by himself and popped up with a few goals. 

Kerr McInroy - We only had him for half a season but he was immense in league 1. Scored multiple screamers and bullied many a team. 

Two players that have went onto bigger and better things for sure. Any diamonds fan would have both players back in an absolute heart beat. 

Edited by Diamond1924

5 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

A couple in recent years…

Kyle Turner - His loan spell to us seemed to showcase how good he actually was/is. He ran games by himself and popped up with a few goals. 

Kerr McInroy - We only had him for half a season but he was immense in league 1. Scored multiple screamers and bullied many a team. 

Two players that have went onto bigger and better things for sure. Any diamonds fan would have both players back in an absolute heart beat. 

Yeah Turner was the first one that came to mind. Basically played in midfield on his own at times and despite missing three games after melting Ryan Conroy four minutes into his debut (understandable), he still near enough single handedly dragged us to promotion, as that team was going nowhere before he came in. 

Much further back but was Owen Coyle signed on loan in 03/04? He was getting on a bit but he was class that season.

2 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Graham Dorrans (when he was an 18 year old winger) and Scott Tiffoney both from Livi have been the best in the last 20 years. Obviously weren't able to keep Dorrans beyond his initial loan but Tiffoney turned out to be an excellent signing. 

Niall Keown when he was on loan was tremendous and then turned to shit the minute he signed permanently. 

Our record with loans from the OF is grim. 

Yep, Lyle Taylor the only other one springing to mind. Wasnt always the best but had some great games in important matches, he ragdolled Stephen McManus and scored a header in a crucial bottom 6 win for us iirc.

2 hours ago, AuAl said:

Agree with all of the above. 

Did we not play Ross McCrorie as a winger most of the time? I seem to remember him being played all over the park. 

Aye he was signed a fullback/centre back and played just about everywhere but there. Was really good out wide on the right. Was strong for his age and had a good turn of pace. 

2 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

Throwing the clock back a bit, Ryan Stevenson deserves an honourable mention as the one who stayed. He was like a beacon of hope in our post-Barr banter years and provided us with so many moments. 

I always forget he was here on loan initially from St Johnstone. His first spell kind of blends in to one for me but in terms of his overall contribution then he’s probably the most successful we’ve had.