The Sons v The Loons 19/8/23

2 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

The irony of when I looked at the fixtures a couple weeks ago thinking this Dumbarton game was the most likely 0-0 game is not lost on me.

No doubt one of us wins 4-3 now.

It feels like 80 percent of Dumbarton v Forfar games are miserable, drab encounters. But the 10 percent that aren't are usually tremendous. The 2-2 last season and even the 2-1 up at Station Park with Ryan McGeever's 10th minute red card. Bookended by a 0-0 and 0-1 from which I remember next to nothing.

41 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

It feels like 80 percent of Dumbarton v Forfar games are miserable, drab encounters. But the 10 percent that aren't are usually tremendous. The 2-2 last season and even the 2-1 up at Station Park with Ryan McGeever's 10th minute red card. Bookended by a 0-0 and 0-1 from which I remember next to nothing.

The Covid times 1-0 win we had in Dumbarton with the comedy own goal was a horrendous game too. Your commentary on that goal was the most entertaining part of the game.

I fancy if you score, you will win this one.

Edited by LoonsYouthTeam

On 16/08/2023 at 13:58, Frank Quitely said:

Aye, I hate when folk call us 'Dumbo' so let's can the 'Athies' nonsense.  We don't want to fall out as Station Park is one of the most pleasant grounds in the country to watch a 0-0 draw.

It's not some folk, it the offical twitter, media guy at the club coming out with this nonsence. You weegies can call us anything you like, I couldn't give two f**k.

Anyway, looking for a goal please.

17 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

The Covid times 1-0 win we had in Dumbarton with the comedy own goal was a horrendous game too. Your commentary on that goal was the most entertaining part of the game.

I fancy if you score, you will win this one.

Sam Ramsbottom's debut I believe

I'm gonna make the journey for this one, but honestly don't know why.

Can't see anything other than a dire 90mins, with someone either nicking it 1-0 or another 0-0.

Hopefully i'm proved wrong, but I doubt we will set up any different from defensively and safe.

Well, I’ve jinxed myself again, and have come down with a virus, so not going to be able to make this. At least I should catch the stream.

I think if we lose they’ll be a bit of pressure on the manager from the fans, though, presumably none from the board room, which is what counts.

12 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Well, I’ve jinxed myself again, and have come down with a virus, so not going to be able to make this. At least I should catch the stream.

I think if we lose they’ll be a bit of pressure on the manager from the fans, though, presumably none from the board room, which is what counts.

If it's a likely 0-0 this might be the best week to have a virus 🙃

2 hours ago, FifeSons said:

5Lwi.gif

3 hours ago, BridiesHereBridiesThere said:

Hoping the Dumbarton groundsman has looked at the weather forecast and put a sheet down over the pitch for tonight. 

Otherwise I have doubts the game will go ahead

Got some bad news for you there...

4 hours ago, BridiesHereBridiesThere said:

Hoping the Dumbarton groundsman has looked at the weather forecast and put a sheet down over the pitch for tonight. 

Otherwise I have doubts the game will go ahead

You sound like my apprentice. Every second Saturday; "what's the weekend plans, gaffer?"

Sons are at home.

"It'll be postponed"

It's August!

*shrug*