Scotland Squad: Sep-2023 (Cyprus, England)

15 minutes ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

Given that this is quite a big squad for 2 games and that Clarke doesn’t usually like wasting people’s time by calling them up without the intention to use them, I wonder if we will see a lot of rotation in the lineup for the England game.

The four strikers could be because Dykes was a doubt, and McKenna could well drop out too. I'd guess we'll line up against Cyprus similarly to the home game and England will be similar to Spain. Patterson/Hickey, Gilmour/McTominay, Armstrong/Christie, Dykes/Adams would be predictions for rotations.

3 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

We can’t have had many players playing in La Liga in a Scotland squad 

Oli Burke would've been the last one, I'd imagine, and yeah probably Hutton before him as said above. 

1 minute ago, accies1874 said:

The four strikers could be because Dykes was a doubt, and McKenna could well drop out too. I'd guess we'll line up against Cyprus similarly to the home game and England will be similar to Spain. Patterson/Hickey, Gilmour/McTominay, Armstrong/Christie, Dykes/Adams would be predictions for rotations.

Oli Burke would've been the last one, I'd imagine, and yeah probably Hutton before him as said above. 

Steve Archibald as well.

1 minute ago, accies1874 said:

Completely forgot about Oli Burke too, I was hoping there would be some obscure Berti Vogts call up that I could use to impress folk :lol:

7 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

4 minutes ago, Craigieboy said:

Scotland should call up Doak, Findlay and Deas

I think the latter two are behind Hyam in the queue ,.

IIRC Findlay has been capped before , and scored. SSC will know him / them from Killie 

Strength in depth increasing throughout !

Edited by Ewanandmoreagain

Jack Hendry must be one of a very very small number of players to have been called up for Scotland while playing his club football outside of the UEFA confederation. The only other name that springs to mind is Johnny Russell who was involved in the Scotland set up in 2018 and 2019 while playing for Sporting Kansas City in the USA.

Does anyone have the full list of players that have been called up to Scotland whilst playing out with UEFA countries? It's not so long ago that we nearly exclusively called up players playing their club football in Scotland or England however it has become more common over the past few years to see guys going to France, Belgium, Italy, Germany, Spain and Portugal, which I personally believe to be a good thing. Other than Russell and now Hendry though I don't remember anyone else getting called up from different continents.