St Mirren - v - Aberdeen 27 August

30 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

As I was posting that, I was wondering if Robbo might pull a shock and start Toyosi for his pace against a side that will actually try to play football. But I think Kiltie - Mandron - McMenamin is the preferred look at the moment.

If Olusanya could improve his composure in the final third even a little, I would have him starting against the teams that are going to come and attack us. His pace is frightening and there almost certainly isn't a defender in the league he couldn’t outrun. Unfortunately for us, when you put a ball at his feet he doesn’t have the quality to pick that killer pass or get a well struck shot at goal away. I was hoping after the tidy finish at Hibs he would be more confident in front of goal, but he came on and missed a few chances Vs Dundee and fluffed a couple of counter attacks against Motherwell that would have put the game to bed. Against better opponents those chances really need to hit the net more often than not, and will be the difference between 3 points and 1. 

On a slightly different note, does anyone know when we are expecting Ayunga back in and around the first team? He really is going to be like a new signing for us and I’m looking forward to seeing him back on the pitch. 

24 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

On a slightly different note, does anyone know when we are expecting Ayunga back in and around the first team? He really is going to be like a new signing for us and I’m looking forward to seeing him back on the pitch. 

Think they've said he'll be fit in October but when he's first team ready is anyone's guess after that. He's not a hugely pacey player so fingers crossed his game won't be overly affected.

57 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Stephen Robinson has spoken in the press about him coming back in October-ish so I’m expecting him to play 90 minutes today. 

49 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Yeah he's 6-8 weeks still from any sort of first team action. I still expect a new forward in short term.

I said to my mate yesterday that we'd sign a LWB and a forward before the window shuts.

Small duly arrived, and I'm sure the latter will appear too.

Biggest worry is losing Strain and to a lesser extent Baccus.

Even though, the management team will have contingency plans for them if they leave, you can't guarantee that any identified targets will sign.

1 minute ago, AW saint said:

I am still not sure we need another striker with the formation we play. 

We definitely do short term I feel. Mandron fades badly after 60-70 minutes and we don't have anyone who is like for like in terms of an outball. 

19 minutes ago, AW saint said:

I am still not sure we need another striker with the formation we play. 

I'd recon its competition for mandron esp now we seem to be changing formation whilst attacking (343 it seems) and defending (5-4-1 i think)

So naturally need more cover.

7 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

We also don’t have any like for like cover for McMenamin and Kiltie! 

I think Jamieson, Olusanya and Nahmani can provide that better than anyone in the squad who is currently fit can play the target man aside from Mandron.