St Mirren - v - Aberdeen 27 August

12 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Looks like the game will be close to selling out with only a few hundred tickets left. 
Should be a good atmosphere with the Dons selling out the North stand.

That's excellent from St. Mirren.

I presume we only have the one stand then? Hopefully you'll do the same against the cheeks (maybe you already do).

3 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

That's excellent from St. Mirren.

I presume we only have the one stand then? Hopefully you'll do the same against the cheeks (maybe you already do).

Every visiting team gets the same stand and same number of seats when they come to Paisley 👍

Who gives a fcuk which club is ‘bigger’? For example, Dundee United are bigger than St Mirren. Bigger stadium, bigger support, probably in all areas used to measure a big club’s big credentials, they’re bigger. A big club so they are. None of that matters though. They’re pish and we aren’t.

47 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Dons fans - reckon McGrath is likely to start? And who takes your penalties normally? Got a strong feeling for penalties and cards tomorrow.

Played well when he came on on Thursday. May well get the nod for tomorrow. Miovski normally takes the penalties and doesn't miss much. I'd assume he'll continue to take them until he misses.

2 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Played well when he came on on Thursday. May well get the nod for tomorrow. Miovski normally takes the penalties and doesn't miss much. I'd assume he'll continue to take them until he misses.

Cheers. Tough to call the result but fancy Miovski any time, BTTS and Charles Dunne to get booked if he plays.

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Cheers. Tough to call the result but fancy Miovski any time, BTTS and Charles Dunne to get booked if he plays.

You'll not get great odds on him anytime scorer I wouldn't think. Clarkson is a decent bet though. He pops up with a goal now and again. 10/1 anytime with Bet365. Miovski is only 11/5

9 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

You'll not get great odds on him anytime scorer I wouldn't think. Clarkson is a decent bet though. He pops up with a goal now and again. 10/1 anytime with Bet365. Miovski is only 11/5

Fair reflection of how sharp he's looking.

I don't think McGrath will start. Not even sure Jensen will start. Robson said in his pre match presser that he has to gradually build up their game time. McGrath because he's missed a full pre season and Jensen because he'll only have had 1 or 2 sessions with his new teammates. Think both will come on and play at least half an hour. Just don't think Robson will start either. 

4 minutes ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

I don't think McGrath will start. Not even sure Jensen will start. Robson said in his pre match presser that he has to gradually build up their game time. McGrath because he's missed a full pre season and Jensen because he'll only have had 1 or 2 sessions with his new teammates. Think both will come on and play at least half an hour. Just don't think Robson will start either. 

Sounds likely. Hopefully McGarry gets a decent run out. He's been here longer and we really need an actual lwb. 

Doubt we'll risk starting MacDonald either

As decent a start as we've had, we've won against a very inconsistent Hibs, and a couple of teams who, on last season's form, are currently diddier than us.

Aberdeen are a different proposition altogether. They're a good side who will be confident after a strong result in Europe.

Although it might be better to get them now, as looking at their latest batch of signings, you'd think that they'll be even stronger later in the season.

If we're going to take any points, we need to be much more clinical in front of goal. With everyone fit, bar Ayunga, Robinson has a bit of a selection headache, especially in midfield. O'Hara will start, so it might see Baccus dropping out, as Boyd-Munce played really well last week.

At the back, Bolton probably isn't ready yet, so Gogic will probably continue in there. As good a game as he had last week, he'll be up against some very useful strikers, rather than the dross of last week.

Just a pity we don't have any Aberdeen rejects in our ranks to enrage Willie Miller.:whistle

Edited by FTOF

12 minutes ago, Molotov said:

What a weird take.

The only weird take is you thinking this is a weird take, or perhaps you've forgotten McGrath's record with penalties?

As for comparing me to Elvis.. :lol: ..that gave me a good laugh, I'll not lie.