St Mirren - v - Aberdeen 27 August

The coldest ground without a doubt is Inverness in December/January. The Moray firth is pretty much its own microclimate.  I was there for us playing Inverness on New Year's day in about 2007 or 2008 (mental bit of fixture making) and by time I got back to my brother in law's in Culloden they were certain I had hypothermia.

7 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

😂

Robinson is known for his fast flowing, counter attacking football where the ball is kept on the deck with rarely a pass wasted. We should be worried.

I watched a fair bit of that game last night, on a Swedish stream to avoid the nonsense spoken on RedTV (a wise choice, it seems), and I have to say both defences looked like they'd only just met.  Häcken are Swedish champions, and are half way through their season where they are currently 2nd, yet looked unbelievably cavalier when knocking it about their box. Aberdeen didn't look all that much better, I've no idea who was missing for their first goal but it was like the Red Sea parted (no pun intended).

Aberdeen are no mugs but you definitely looked weaker last night than I saw from you lot last season, and we were able to take points off you last season.

I still maintain your draw against Häcken is probably the best result for us.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

The Moray firth is pretty much its own microclimate.

It absolutely does, but due to the geography it actually results in warmer temperatures. Obviously that's mean temperature, and it can get bloody cold up there no doubts.

I really don’t think last nights match is any sort of benchmark for the game on sunday. 

We took risks and pressed them very high to take advantage of their questionable commitment to playing out from the back. That left us open and whilst defensively we were poor ‘at times’, it’s just not how well shape up on sunday.

Not to say we can’t be got at, but if you watched last night thinking that’s how we’ll play then you may be surprised. 

We were pretty evenly matched over the piece last year. 

The weegie saints are relatively unchanged from last season, which should be in their favour. 

Don't really remember much of Mandron last season but at a guess he's not much of an upgrade on Curtis and most likely a downgrade. Hemming < Carson. I hear McMenamin is quite good. 

For us it's mainly our defence has changed wholesale. The makeshift one has been quite shit. The first team one is only recently arrived. It will be better than our defence up to January but who knows if it will be as good as the one that finished the season. 

I think we have better players but circumstances favour St Mirren. Difficult to call but i'll go for 0-3 to the dons. 

21 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

A shame for st Mirren that their win on Sunday will be devalued by our European exertions tonight and frankly embarrassing if they fail to win on Sunday. 

I think you have around three times our budget. You should beat us every time, but the reality is we will be EIGHT points clear of you with three games played if we win... 😂

8 minutes ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

I think you have around three times our budget. You should beat us every time, but the reality is we will be EIGHT points clear of you with three games played if we win... 😂

Pfft that's nothing. We were 11 behind Hearts and still finished third.

Just now, HarleyQuinn said:

Pfft that's nothing. We were 11 behind Hearts and still finished third.

FWIW, our run has to come to an end sooner or later. I'm predicting a close game. Plus we always seem to struggle in front of a (near) sell out crowd. 

St. Mirren 2 - 2 Aberdeen

27 minutes ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

nearly 24 hours had passed and not one st Mirren fan had risen to this shit and quite frankly lazy bait. 

Shame on you mr black and white stripes, apologise to your peers. 

Broadwood hits that perfect storm of being in a wide open space with nothing around it to shelter from wind, coupled with 3 stands that means any wind seems to just blow in a U shape around it.

Easily the coldest ground in the central belt.

Edited by djchapsticks

55 minutes ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

You do know that only one of those games would have been against you right?