St Mirren - v - Aberdeen 27 August

Aberdeen have a pretty honking fixture list to deal with at the start of the season actually, I hadn't realised before but Livi away, Celtic home, St Mirren away and Hearts away in the first five games is a tough run, especially when playing European games. Lucky you also have Hibs at home for an easy one.

54 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

nearly 24 hours had passed and not one st Mirren fan had risen to this shit and quite frankly lazy bait. 

Shame on you mr black and white stripes, apologise to your peers. 

😂 Indeed. I could see the hook, but the bait was irresistible. 

22 minutes ago, coprolite said:

You do know that only one of those games would have been against you right? 

Erm, aye. That's how leagues work. But an eight point gap against 'Scotland's third biggest club' (IMHO, it's Hearts), is surely a noteworthy position to be in? Though after Darvel, perhaps beating the Donkeys Dons is not so much of an accolade.

BTW, have you sold out your allocation? If so, we'll be heading for a near capacity crowd. 🏁  

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

The coldest ground without a doubt is Inverness in December/January. The Moray firth is pretty much its own microclimate.  I was there for us playing Inverness on New Year's day in about 2007 or 2008 (mental bit of fixture making) and by time I got back to my brother in law's in Culloden they were certain I had hypothermia.

Caley Park aka The Freezerdome…..f*****g  Baltic even in summer. Went to an Elton John gig there a good few years ago in July I think, and folk were near greetin’ with the cold 🥶

1 hour ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

I think you have around three times our budget. You should beat us every time, but the reality is we will be EIGHT points clear of you with three games played if we win... 😂

Was there not a similar margin when St Mirren won the Champions League against our ten men (for 83 mins) back on that February midweeker?  

13 minutes ago, meadowroadsaint said:

Caley Park aka The Freezerdome…..f*****g  Baltic even in summer. Went to an Elton John gig there a good few years ago in July I think, and folk were near greetin’ with the cold 🥶

Too low for zero, I guess that’s why they call it the blues, etc, yadda, will get my coat, blah, blah.

Never had an issue with the buddies tbh. Anybody from Glasgow that supports them over CeltGers can't be all that bad but ever since they *checks notes* finished 6th it would appear some have lost the plot! Recent match threads against the generally good c***s of Motherwell / Dundee would attest to this.

Hopefully our 2nd string can sword these charlatans and we can be the catalyst to send them spiralling back down to obscurity.

No offence.

58 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Now that’s lazy bait 

I don't even think that's controversial. I genuinely reckon most people view Hearts as the 3rd force in Scottish fitba. Sorry to burst your bubble. 

23 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Never had an issue with the buddies tbh. Anybody from Glasgow that supports them over CeltGers can't be all that bad but ever since they *checks notes* finished 6th it would appear some have lost the plot! Recent match threads against the generally good c***s of Motherwell / Dundee would attest to this.

Hopefully our 2nd string can sword these charlatans and we can be the catalyst to send them spiralling back down to obscurity.

No offence.

I think many of us are very optimistic about the coming season. Last season was our best finish for 30+ years and the first time we had a player appear at a World Cup finals. We've just sold a record number of season tickets and are currently on a six match winning streak. Some are saying this is the best St. Mirren team they've ever seen, others the best since Fergie's Furies of the 1970s. I hope you will forgive some of us if we're getting a little carried away. :) 

3 minutes ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

I don't even think that's controversial. I genuinely reckon most people view Hearts as the 3rd force in Scottish fitba. Sorry to burst your bubble. 

It a really, really dull debate even between hearts and Aberdeen fans. So forgive me for not taking you up despite you genuinely reckoning. 

I’ll just be heartened that this behemoth from Edinburgh so regularly gets caught with its pants down. 

16 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It a really, really dull debate even between hearts and Aberdeen fans. So forgive me for not taking you up despite you genuinely reckoning. 

I’ll just be heartened that this behemoth from Edinburgh so regularly gets caught with its pants down. 

True.  In terms of potential Hearts really should be the third placed team in Scotland but in reality it's Aberdeen.  There is just something about Hearts propensity to shoot themselves in the foot at nearly every given opportunity that stops them from really cementing that spot. 

3 minutes ago, Dagdagh said:

True.  In terms of potential Hearts really should be the third placed team in Scotland but in reality it's Aberdeen.  There is just something about Hearts propensity to shoot themselves in the foot at nearly every given opportunity that stops them from really cementing that spot. 

Definitely the potential. I'm sure when they qualified for the Champions League play-offs, they had 30,000+ at Murrayfield. They also have ~16,000 season ticket holders, I believe. They were the last club to split the Old Firm, too. Had they not sacked Burley that year, I honestly reckon they could've won the league. 

Anyway, if Alan Burrows does as good a job as CEO up there as he did for Motherwell, I can see the Aberdeen improving as a club. 

6 minutes ago, Dagdagh said:

It genuinely doesn’t interest me. 

Who’s a bigger club seems to be a common modern debate between clubs that don’t really win much. In the grand scheme of things hearts and Aberdeen are small clubs. We’re of relatively similar size and I enjoy the competition with them, as with hibs. 

you’ll never see me on here making a case for us being the ‘3rd force’.

2 hours ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

😂 Indeed. I could see the hook, but the bait was irresistible. 

Erm, aye. That's how leagues work. But an eight point gap against 'Scotland's third biggest club' (IMHO, it's Hearts), is surely a noteworthy position to be in? Though after Darvel, perhaps beating the Donkeys Dons is not so much of an accolade.

BTW, have you sold out your allocation? If so, we'll be heading for a near capacity crowd. 🏁  

I didn’t know beating us was ever seen as an achievement tbh. Sorry I missed it.

40 minutes ago, Dagdagh said:

Hearts had the third highest budget last season no idea for this season .