St Mirren - v - Aberdeen 27 August

Think when all is settled, most of us would have been quite happy with 4 points from the first three and the chance to try for 7 from first 4. 

So although today was really annoying, there's not a St. Mirren supporter out there who wouldn't have bitten your hand off for 7 in the first 3. Even with the circumstances of the points dropped.

1 hour ago, Munoz said:

Aberdeen- just above the relegation playoff spot with no wins. 

Saints - joint top and bossed the supposed 3rd force in Scotland for 90 mins.

I'll sleep tonight thanks.

Absolutely spot on.  Apart from the fact that you bossed us for 117 minutes. 

10 minutes ago, Dagdagh said:

A point stolen is always sweet especially for the seethe from opposing fans but the three Aberdeen players running across the pitch to goad the Northbank was just daft and could have caused serious bother.  It wasn't necessary and isn't a good look.

Still can't get my head round that at all, especially from the likes of Shinnie. Surely if you score a last minute leveller, you go and celebrate with your own supporters.

There were a few moments today where it felt like it could boil over and I was surprised the reaction to Miovski wasn't worse than it was.

Very frustrating to come away from that game with only a point.  I’ll admit to having been less than confident all week but having bossed the game against a very poor Aberdeen side and fail to win is so disappointing.  

The Aberdeen defence looked as though they had never played together and that big number 33 was a very poor imitation of a professional footballer.  But yet, we could only score one goal from open play.  We need to be winning matches like this. 

The boy McDonald at the back will sleep for about 2 days by the way. Caught glimpse of him in the first half marking Olusanya and he was absolutely breathing out his arse. Olusanya is probably the fastest player I've seen in a Saints shirt and has to be the fastest in Scotland just now. 

He chose professional football over a career as a sprinter and it showed several times today. His performance today was very good but if he had a bit of composure about him, he'd simply not be with us.

5 minutes ago, ford prefect said:

So there we go. Proof that the penalty should have been ruled out. 

Yup. Said earlier, the way Miovski opened his foot up proved the ball was going to the same side as Hemming was diving. 

The slip and second touch instantly slipped it down the middle. It looked very obvious at the time and it's mental that VAR has not picked it up. Clearly with this and the was it/wasn't it goal vs Dundee, VAR is not fit for purpose in it's current guise if it still cannot determine the outcome of these incidents with any degree of certainty.

Edited by djchapsticks

21 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

That was a mixture of concerning and amusing. We were dreadful. But to score two goals after playing so poorly, one of which is an 100th-minute penalty that I thought was going to be disallowed and the other a cross from a free-kick that somehow ends up in the net, is very funny. 

I haven't seen any of the incidents back, but I was stunned in the ground that the equaliser wasn't disallowed. Delighted, but I was convinced that he had struck it twice in real time, but it must have been fine. I didn't even bother celebrating until Beaton signalled that it was a goal and the Saints fans in the corner started throwing stuff at Miovski. 

I actually thought yous were fantastic today and should be applauded for grinding out a result against far superior players and team