St Mirren - v - Aberdeen 27 August

17 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

At one point or another we’ve heard very similar about scott McKenna, Lewis Ferguson, Calvin Ramsay, ross mccrorie and so on. 

In short, I’m not sure anyone cares if you think he’d make st mirrens bench. 

Well, I care. He’s overrated and we won’t be paying Him to sit in the stand.

11 hours ago, jaybeee said:

We for sure do not need another striker, with Olysanyo.........who I thought was a waste of space, Mamdron........ who I thought, meh!", Grieve ........who I always liked, but figured he would chip in with a view but was never going to be a Basher or Yards, and Nahmani, who although only young is still an option; otherwise why is he here, then we have Ayunga, hopefully soon...ish and Lewis Jameison also, that means we have six strikers/forwards, all of whom (contrary to my own thoughts) seem pretty reasonable ...... or better than what we generally have, no disrespect intended to anyone club, management, players here, simply the financial fact of life for clubs of our size...............usually.  so why would we need one more?

We don't need another 5-10 goal a season striker but unless we get lucky and magic up one that is a bit better we're gonna be posting the same comments pretty regularly.

It was a hugely enjoyable game to watch, personally cant see enough from the clips to see whether there was a double touch or not, both penalties were given for the exact same type of handball.

Before the game id probably have been happy enough with a point, its funny when youre losing 1-0 and it ends 1-1 you go home relatively happy, when you get in front and come home you are disappointed.

I think Aberdeen are better than they showed yesterday so you have to assume they were reasonably tired after their midweek game in europe.

Still a very good start to the season overall.

2 minutes ago, MarreZ said:

It was a hugely enjoyable game to watch, personally cant see enough from the clips to see whether there was a double touch or not, both penalties were given for the exact same type of handball.

When I heard Thommo slavering on the radio that the footage he saw clearly showed a double touch I thought perhaps there was a mistake. 

So far the footage I have seen does not show conclusive proof that there was a double touch.

It will be up there with the moon landings if we fail to win the title by two points at the end of the season. 

Talking of moon landings and the Aberdeen connection.

Has anyone heard how Derek “Moonman” Hamilton is these days?

IMG_3700.thumb.jpeg.c48f5c44ff4c273302b242894585db71.jpegIMG_3699.webp.8ccc6e9194aad23ce1f0f03a49822d2f.webp

Just now, Suspect Device said:

LSD  v ASC.

Back to the 80s TRAILER - YouTube

Got to say that I've enjoyed this thread. looking forward to the next tiem we play you already.

Well done to all involved. 

Too fucking right. Packed stadium, mad decisions, St Mirren actually bringing it in the top flight instead of shitfesting and playing for survival. 12 goals in our three league games so far. Fans of other teams* flocking to our threads. Accusations of everyone being raging.

The term 'box office' was mocked, rightly or wrongly, so let's just say it's at least been really fucking entertaining and if we can't all embrace that then I'm not sure why we're here.

* Except Morton. Not sure what happened to those guys because they were all over our threads about a month ago.

3 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Really?

The game ended 2-2 firfucksake. There was a post uploaded by your club (I think) on Twitter yesterday where about 5 years ago you won 5-4:against County and won it by S Thompson scoring an overhead flick.

Think you're missing my point; it was about the speed of the 180 turnaround there'd have been.

Not exactly the Watford v Leicester play off drama, but within 60 seconds we'd have gone from Aberdeen fans going mental, Saints fans in the depths of despair, to exactly the opposite - and being top of the league.

Surely you must accept last minute winners are sweetest of winners - and one that would have come under these circumstances would have been pretty special.

59 minutes ago, Kempes said:

I’m still waiting to see why the Dons fans think Miovski is worth more than £4m. I don’t know if he’d even make our bench playing like that. Only had two touches in the whole game…

🤣👏

1 hour ago, smellthepaw said:

I know the game is done now and there's a list of strange refereeing decisions being debated, though why on earth did Miovski not pick up a yellow for goading W7 after his goal? 

Btw did anyone see what was happening on Ferguslie park avenue after the game? 

Wasn't much, saw a bit of a scuffle as I was walking through the carpark towards Feegie but nothing overly serious. Thought the atmosphere was pretty good inside the ground and Aberdeen fans I met were a friendly enough bunch 

A few points 

Aberdeen looked no better than they did last season. Robson's interview after the game was a bit bizarre, can't see him lasting too long. Duk in particular is shite

Miovski should have been booked for his celebration, he knew it was a double hit and so did Hemming. VAR had already wasted about 20-25 mins of the game so taking another few minutes to get that decision right would have been the right call. Not sure why Beaton didn't have a look, especially for a game deciding decision like that

Robinson spoke well after the game. Have been critical of him in the past but no question that he's getting the best out of a small squad. We played some tidy football so as long as we can keep the squad fit, we'll do alright 

2 hours ago, Kempes said:

I’m still waiting to see why the Dons fans think Miovski is worth more than £4m. 

The sample size for this kind of thing tends to be more than one game.

Edited by tarapoa

52 minutes ago, billyg said:

Did anyone else notice Shinnie losing it during the furore before their penalty when Baccus tried to mess up the penalty spot with his studs ? 🤣

It's a crap state of affairs when you go to all that trouble to make the penalty taker kick the ball into his own foot and VAR doesn't even spot it.