St Mirren - v - Aberdeen 27 August

9 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

If Anderson had spotted what everyone else did from the footage, that last minute would have been one of the best ways to win a game ever. 

You think you’ve come from behind against last season’s ‘best of rest’ to win and go top of the league - but then looked like you’ve been denied in the 100th minute - only to have the victory restored. 

One of the best ever end of game emotional rollercoaster dramas. 

And what actually happened?

6 hours ago, jaybeee said:

well said sir, I have endured longer than yourself having suffered since 1959 and as you say it isn't often we get to crow so please Mr Aberdonian, gie the man a break

Did you start supporting after the cup final? If so, unlucky.

Putting yesterday's result to one side and looking at the performances yesterday , certainly looks like letting Robson loose with the Cormack cheque book is going to backfire. The Aberdeen backline was all over the place  eg allowing Olusanya to run from his own-half and allowing "Motherwell Reject" Mandron to run unchallenged from the right-back position with the ball to set up Grieve's finish at the other end. It also must be a concern that marquee signing Shinnie has clearly lost a yard , and was found wanting in midfield yesterday , although he's still got it when it comes to moaning at referees ? 

5 minutes ago, billyg said:

Putting yesterday's result to one side and looking at the performances yesterday , certainly looks like letting Robson loose with the Cormack cheque book is going to backfire. The Aberdeen backline was all over the place  eg allowing Olusanya to run from his own-half and allowing "Motherwell Reject" Mandron to run unchallenged from the right-back position with the ball to set up Grieve's finish at the other end. It also must be a concern that marquee signing Shinnie has clearly lost a yard , and was found wanting in midfield yesterday , although he's still got it when it comes to moaning at referees ? 

Shinnie is an angry wee man who can't run and can't tackle.

10 hours ago, Captain_Sensible said:

I actually enjoyed seeing Aberdeen fans celebrating getting a draw at St Mirren like they’d won the World Cup. Shows how well we’re doing 😉

Lazy stuff wheeling out that cliché - it was just a bunch of people standing clapping from what I saw.

That was dreadful from Aberdeen but we got very lucky for being outplayed the whole game.  It is no surprise after a trip to Gothenburg and then basically having only few days to prepare for this game. I was very surprised that Robson didn't change the team much and it showed as we was way off it. Just hope we will still be in the mix for 3rd once we have finished our European tour. 

5 days on the drink it is now time for me to sober up!!!

5 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Lazy stuff wheeling out that cliché - it was just a bunch of people standing clapping from what I saw.

I witnessed the Aberdeen ultras celebrating and goading behind a wee wire fence after the game with police protection.

Those guys bring shame on the legendary ASC. 

9 minutes ago, Kempes said:

I’m still waiting to see why the Dons fans think Miovski is worth more than £4m. I don’t know if he’d even make our bench playing like that. Only had two touches in the whole game…

At one point or another we’ve heard very similar about scott McKenna, Lewis Ferguson, Calvin Ramsay, ross mccrorie and so on. 

In short, I’m not sure anyone cares if you think he’d make st mirrens bench. 

Time to look at this in context. Firstly remove the obvious VAR decisions. 

We lost this game on not taking our chances and perhaps not playing to the strengths of the players on the park. 

Toyosi running clear was a classic example of a brilliant chance missed. 

There were cross balls just waiting to be nodded in but our forward line were too short.  Even though they all played well.  Many of of our fans round me were crying out for Mandron in the first half. 

If you play a quick forward use the space between defenders to let Toyosi into. Play him into the channels. Hibs game for example.  

These were the fine margins. Yes the VAR stuff went against us but we should have buried an Aberdeen side who didn't lay a glove on us. 

I know the game is done now and there's a list of strange refereeing decisions being debated, though why on earth did Miovski not pick up a yellow for goading W7 after his goal? 

Btw did anyone see what was happening on Ferguslie park avenue after the game? 

1 minute ago, smellthepaw said:

No idea but it happens far too fucking often now. Every team's ultras carry an element of wee bellends who want to hang onto them and cause shite by throwing fresh air punches.

1 minute ago, smellthepaw said:

I know the game is done now and there's a list of strange refereeing decisions being debated, though why on earth did Miovski not pick up a yellow for goading W7 after his goal? 

LSD  v ASC.

Back to the 80s TRAILER - YouTube

Got to say that I've enjoyed this thread. looking forward to the next tiem we play you already.

Well done to all involved.