Hibernian's Next Permanent Manager 2023 Edition

Who will be Hibernian's Next Permanent Manager?  

315 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest DannyBlue
4 hours ago, annan4eva said:

Fleetwood are a basket case, the owner in jail, do you think anybody at that club is thinking clearly? 

Perhaps not. Still though, manipulating a situation for financial gain may be one of the few things they could do.

11 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Not sure if you're having trouble following the simple point here, so let me make it easy for you.

1) He was offered two bigger jobs.

2) He knocked them back.

3) The offers stopped coming.

4) He ended up in the Scottish second tier.

5) Other coaches will probably consider this experience when weighing up their own options.

Why are Killie fans so touchy at the thought that a guy coaching Aberdeen and being offered Rangers and Sunderland might not have imagined he'd be at Killie six years later? It's an obvious career downgrade. Where's the controversy here?

Anyway, the point is, this is the kind of thing that Robinson will consider, should the tramps offer him a job. If he knocks them back and St Mirren's form slumps a bit, his next offer might be Partick Thistle or an English League Two team.

The shoe shitter  said on sportsound that his pal Del, had had numerous offers that were never made public whilst at Aberdeen, 

Unfortunately the offer made to him by India Taylor was public knowledge 

On 01/09/2023 at 16:25, Hank Scorpio said:

Here’s a good rumour for you. A pal of a boy I work with looks after Ian Gordon’s dog when he goes on holiday, and he (the boy I work with) said Montgomery would be appointed this weekend. 

Thank me when you’re millionaires. 

Looks good! 

Would be pretty pleased with this. Was inclined towards maybe McInnes as someone who could essentially build a solid platform with the footballing side for a few years. But I'm a Hibs fan, so a relative unknown who's worked wonders in a sunny version of the Scottish championship and has no experience of our league? Yes please 

Not sure if it's been mentioned but we apparently approached Montgomery last year with a view to him replacing Alexander which prompted this weird Tweet from CCM official account where they link to a news story:

It includes this mildly amusing quote:

"But I was always going to fight tooth and nail to keep him in Australia. I never had any intention of supporting him going to the SPL.

"He'll coach in the EPL at some point. It's just a matter of time. He's a young coach, and like he tells all our players, you have to be patient and go through the process."

I’d be surprised if we were wanting Robinson at all after the article put out by Moira Gordon earlier, he doesn’t really fit the profile that was provided. I think Bradley could be a bit of an outsider, previous connection with McDermott a big plus I’d guess.

Montgomery is who I’d want and he appears to be the front runner at the moment.

Edited by Zing.