FC Edinburgh City v Falkirk

Should be a comfortable win, they don't look great tbh. 

However, it isn't beyond us to self destruct and lose this!! 

An over ambitious 4-0 win to us and continuing our great start, building up to QoS and eventually Hamilton at home. (Where we throw it all away and end up playing catch up for the rest of the season).

Hogarth
Yeats Donaldson Lang Mccann
Spencer Henderson
Agyeman
Morrison MacIver Miller/Lawal

Long's been brilliant but Hogarth's not came here to sit on the bench so given Long's error against Alloa I suspect Hogarth will get a start. 

5-0 Falkirk, MacIver with 2(a header + one off his arse) and a goal each for Agyeman, Morrison and Lang.

Not sure i'd drop Long based on one mistake and we were cruising at the time. He had a superb double save against Stirling, overall he's been excellent for us, and his distribution is getting better by the game. I think we'll be too strong for Edinburgh even if Miller is injured.  3-0 Falkirk 

20 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Not sure i'd drop Long based on one mistake and we were cruising at the time. He had a superb double save against Stirling, overall he's been excellent for us, and his distribution is getting better by the game. I think we'll be too strong for Edinburgh even if Miller is injured.  3-0 Falkirk 

Entirely agree. Would be brutal to drop him. He actually set up the final goal on Saturday with a quick throw up the line to Walker who bolted past his man to slip in Lawal.

57 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Hogarth
Spencer Henderson
Agyeman

Long's been brilliant but Hogarth's not came here to sit on the bench so given Long's error against Alloa I suspect Hogarth will get a start. 

5-0 Falkirk, MacIver with 2(a header + one off his arse) and a goal each for Agyeman, Morrison and Lang.

If McGlynn plays Hogarth because of one mistake from Long (possible foul in there too), then I'm going down to the stadium on Monday to kick him in the baws!

Wouldn't drop Long either (he has made a couple of mistakes now which have lead to goals, 1 vs Partick and Spartans and another on Saturday) but overall I think he's a good shot stopper and really pleased with his distribution. I like the way he comes for crosses as well, even if he doesn't always get them as above 

Miller will be a huge miss if injured. Has looked very impressive so far and the only natural wide left option we have. Imagine Nesbitt will come in to the 10 with Agyeman moving out wide. 

Edinburgh City name is back but that's the only good news for us this season.

Our two best players departed in the summer and so we've made a poor start this time.

That, and the fact Falkirk are the greatest team Ever mean only one result, a huge away win. 😔

5 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Edinburgh City name is back but that's the only good news for us this season.

Our two best players departed in the summer and so we've made a poor start this time.

That, and the fact Falkirk are the greatest team Ever mean only one result, a huge away support. 😔

That's better 

On 28/08/2023 at 16:39, FFC 1876 said:

Hogarth
Spencer Henderson
Agyeman

Hogarth only on a one year contract and doesn't have the No1 jersey could also suggest he's not here for a long time.

Both keepers are at a stage of their careers they want first team football, neither have a CV that screams they have achieved much so far.

Long has had a couple of mistakes in him so far but his direct play has benefited us. Ederson Man city keeper has mistakes in him but he is the best in EPL for the ball at his feet and distribution, Pep has him in there keeping the fast flow of play going. I feel Hogarth is much slower in that department, he may have been the No1 keeper if it wasn't for injuries but I wouldn't be looking for a keeper swap for now.

I wasn't convinced by Hogarth latterly before he went back to Forest, obviously what was in front of him didn't help and Kinnear was worse. Bit surprised we brought him back but it's clearly been a family thing for Hogarth and thought sign for a year do well get another move. I still would have preferred a more experienced keeper at the end of last season, It didn't happen so we are where we are. I don't see Long getting dropped in his current form unless he gets an injury, suspension or recalled. For me he's a better keeper than Hogarth. 

1 hour ago, badgerthewitness said:

Expecting a less tidy performance as we adapt to Miller's absence but have faith in Agyeman/Morrison/McIver plus whoever else starts. Anything like the Stirling & Alloa outcomes would be cause for great optimism as we would be gathering some serious momentum but I'll take any win.

TBH I think I'd probably start young Walker (assuming he's a natural left winger). Would keep the balance of the team right and would give him valuable experience. If we can't play him against the bottom team...