FC Edinburgh City v Falkirk

34 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

TBH I think I'd probably start young Walker (assuming he's a natural left winger). Would keep the balance of the team right and would give him valuable experience. If we can't play him against the bottom team...

Sorry Walker won’t play today. Not good enough or strong enough to start .The manager will only bring him on if we are 2 or 3 up. I would like to see him get 20 mins so we can judge better but I suspect he’s not ready yet.

1 minute ago, badgerthewitness said:

That first hour was magnificent. Starting to look back on half time against Annan as the inverse of our 'half hour played at Paisley' moment. The point when we realised we were good. Could've scored eight today.

Yeah only complaint is we could have scored more but I’m buzzing with the clean sheet. I would have perhaps weirdly we won 2-0 than won 4-0. 

1 hour ago, jacobsladder said:

1-0 Falkirk half time - our keeper has kept us in it with some great saves - the rest of the team have been bloody awful - simply can’t keep the ball - hope Alan Maybury gives them an utter bollocking - Falkirk look as if they have not hit second gear yet to be honest 

Much better second half apart from the first 30 seconds. McAdams in goal pulled off some fine stops. Moving Innes Murray inside made a difference. But 28 shots to 2 tells the story. Quite why McLean got a start ahead of Shanley is baffling, for a big man he has zero presence up front. Ouzy See - is he still with the club?

On that showing, our goal for the season must be to finish 9th and then scrape our way through the playoffs. 

PS - Note to the Club : Can someone burn that f***ing drum that the "Ultra" laddies had with them? Did my head in all game, especially bad with a hangover. 

Edited by RubyTuesday
amended text

Quite simply battered Edinburgh today.

20230902_221654.thumb.jpg.ee0027600431ecdb31d61be50a2b8ad6.jpg

Another really pleasing performance and were it not for the woodwork, some great goalkeeping and some wasteful finishing it could easily have been 6 or 7. Took the foot off the gas after an hour, Edinburgh had a wee spell at that point with their two chances but then we made a triple change and we saw the rest of the game out very comfortably 

Despite Miller missing the team is looking good and we should rest as many as possible on Tuesday. 

ETA Farcical that Edinburgh are allowed to play at that 'stadium' btw. Not being able to cater properly for an away support of only 800 or so is shocking. Long queues at the turnstiles, toilets, burger van and an abysmal view 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876