Partick v Queens

Greenacres

13 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Not bothered about this should use the game to get fringe players game time .

Hopefully Brydon Cochrane and Church are ready for this  

Partick will score our defence is hopeless I expect them to win this with ease .

So what you're saying is if Brydon and Church are fit and come back in that it won't make any difference to the defence. Doesn't seem worth changing it if that's the case. 

I’d actually be looking forward to this if it was an away day to Dumfries. Unfortunately there’s never really much interest in this competition anymore. A chance for Thistle to hopefully continue the recent form, whilst giving some players minutes. I don’t suspect we’ll see a huge squad rotation akin to McCall’s at Falkirk last season (which was like 8 or 9 from the previous week IIRC) but possibly a start for the likes of Adeloye, Ngwenya, Robinson and Williams will probably come in at the back with Neilson away on International Duty. 

Think Graham, Lawless, and maybe Bannigan won't start this one. Milne is available for this but would make sense to get Ngwenya into the team given Milne being suspended for next week, and with Neilson and MacKenzie away with Scotland youth teams it'll probably be something like (barring training injuries)

Sneddon

McMillan
Williams
Muirhead
Ngwenya

Alston
Stanway

Fitzpatrick
Robinson
McDonald

Adeloye

We looked so much better on Saturday (although that wasn't hard to do) when we went to a 3-5-2 and changed some personnel at HT .

Ambrose and Gibson must start if we’re taking this tie seriously. I’d be starting with the same side that started the second half. We have a big 4 matches coming up.

Edited by bod

2 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Probably not so far for Ambrose to travel this Saturday, if he sets his alarm clock right he should turn up on time. 

Depends if the game's in his diary or not tbf ...

2 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Probably not so far for Ambrose to travel this Saturday, if he sets his alarm clock right he should turn up on time. 

There's laid back and then there's Ambrose!

On 03/09/2023 at 12:00, Fuctifano said:

Think Graham, Lawless, and maybe Bannigan won't start this one. Milne is available for this but would make sense to get Ngwenya into the team given Milne being suspended for next week, and with Neilson and MacKenzie away with Scotland youth teams it'll probably be something like (barring training injuries)

Sneddon

McMillan
Williams
Muirhead
Ngwenya

Alston
Stanway

Fitzpatrick
Robinson
McDonald

Adeloye

Just watched Doolan's interview to pass what seems to be the slowest hour before kick off in Cyprus. 

Ngwenya is cup tied so he's out, Lyon and Mitchell the only injuries and as previously mentioned Mackenzie and Neilson are with Scotland under 19/21s respectively. 

Does sound like there will be a few changes though he did say "we're not taking it lightly" about ten times in a 5 minute interview. 

Going by our twitter feed, Thistle have a slight advantage by fielding 24 men:

Pre-match | Partick: 1.Sneddon 2.McMillan 3.Milne 4.Williams 5.Muirhead 8.Bannigan 11.Lawless 17.Robinson 25.McDonald 26.Stanway 99.Adeloye 41.Thomson 5.McKay 7.McKechnie 8.Todd 14.Hutchinson 20.Irving 28.Johnstone 30.Walker 33.Kennedy 24.McCready 31.Mitchell 7.McInroy 9.Graham

13 minutes ago, bod said:

Interesting starting 11.

Is it 4411 with Connelly behind Reilly.

Hoped we'd start with the team that started second half last week.

Good Efe and Gibson are starting.

I'm not overly keen on the Logan at left back situation.  I guess MacIntyre must be cup-tied and Church still injured?  

Edited by Slipmat