Motherwell v Saints 16 Sept 2023

Thought we were fine up until it came to in front of goals today.
Controlled the game and played some really nice stuff. Fluffed a good few chances though. Bair should have lowered his head put the laces through his. Spittal had a few for 20 yards that ended up as pass backs and the young LB missed the target when he'd have been better getting his head over it and leathering it.

St Mirren scored their chance. Played their game & got the win, fair play.

4 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Screenshot_20230916_181104_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6b3e88a12e22dc20f79e85ec8398e468.jpg

We really do live in your head.:lol:

Don't worry, after today you can limit your posts about us to your own thread, like you have for the past few years.

Edited by FTOF

24 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

The old "it was a wind-up" routine.

Get fucked.

Of course it was a wind up you fuckin muppet.  More fool you if you cannot tell the difference. 

Point 1 of my post was valid. The rest was just to see how many slavering idiots would bite. As it turns out quite a lot 😎.

Just now, welldaft said:

Of course it was a wind up you fuckin muppet.  More fool you if you cannot tell the difference. 

Point 1 of my post was valid. The rest was just to see how many slavering idiots would bite. As it turns out quite a lot 😎.

It would seem the biggest "slavering idiot" is trying to deny that they're "not bothered".;)

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

A few points on the game today :

1. We were by some distance the better side.

2. Was surprised by the away support today. For an unstoppable force and best side in decades I expected better. Kilmarnock brought nearly twice as many fans. 

3. The fouling from St Mirren was incessant. The moment any of our players stepped over the half way line they were cynically and brutally taken out. Surprised only 5 yellow cards for the hatchet men.

4. St Mirren celebrated like they had won the league at FT = tinpot outfit.

5. Their fans gloating as if they had beaten Barcelona instead of little old Motherwell. 

Enjoy your night buddies but normal service will be resumed soon enough when Robinson buggers off and you run out of money. You have the better of us in one season in literal decades (see point 5 above).

You need to grow up, I’ve seldom seen such a tear stained toys out the pram post.

32 minutes ago, welldaft said:

It may well have been, you of all people though, cannot comment on slavering idiots on the thread when by posting such nonsense bait, you are actively contributing to the thread being shite.

Many of us accept thst 3 points when being second best is a great result, particularly as Motherwell were a side who had our number in head to heads last season and performed as similar smash and grab on us on matchday one.

Fact is that Motherwell have not lost since April to any other side in Scotland apart from us. Twice now in fact. They are clearly a pretty decent outfit in the context of the top flight, so seeing them off twice in four weeks, regardless of if the second was barely deserved, will do nicely!

In my lifetime I’ve seen St Mirren win more major trophies than Motherwell. 

And that’s despite Motherwell’s financial doping, League reconstruction, stopping clubs being. promoted, not paying bills, screwing local businesses.

I’ve had this “joke” about there being more St Mirren fans in Fir Park in 1977 than there have ever been Motherwell fans… but in reality, there were probably 50% + more St Mirrren fans in Fir Park that day than there have ever been Motherwell fans.

You guys need to accept that the current situation is the way it should be 

Edited by Captain_Sensible

2 hours ago, welldaft said:

A few points on the game today :

1. We were by some distance the better side.

2. Was surprised by the away support today. For an unstoppable force and best side in decades I expected better. Kilmarnock brought nearly twice as many fans. 

3. The fouling from St Mirren was incessant. The moment any of our players stepped over the half way line they were cynically and brutally taken out. Surprised only 5 yellow cards for the hatchet men.

4. St Mirren celebrated like they had won the league at FT = tinpot outfit.

5. Their fans gloating as if they had beaten Barcelona instead of little old Motherwell. 

Enjoy your night buddies but normal service will be resumed soon enough when Robinson buggers off and you run out of money. You have the better of us in one season in literal decades (see point 5 above).

IMG_3904.thumb.jpeg.93910d995e3b9d3cc65d7f546ad81adb.jpeg.df9de2f86070f79c41ea1cd54c084986.jpeg

8 hours ago, Lex said:

FT 0-1 
What a win that is, superb stuff. I think we deserved it too, Motherwell did have some chances, but they’re just not very good in front of goal. 
Unlike Scott Tanser, cross on the money from the right foot of right full back Strain, stuck in the net by the left foot of the left full back, poetry. That finish on the volley is absolute butter, made it look easy. Delighted for Tanser that he is the match winner, I think he’s been our best player so far this season, he’s brilliant.  
Seen over 180 minutes of Motherwell over the past few weeks and I remain astounded they were sitting so high in the league before this game. They’re rubbish, couldn’t score in a brothel and shaky at the back too.  Looks like another tough season ahead for the Well Boiz, while they remain firmly on our mantelpiece, it’s just a shame we can’t play them every week. We got a great meltdown from their manager and fans after our cup win a few weeks ago, similar again, please. 
Onwards for us, Hearts at home next week and then a cup quarter final at Easter Road. Why not win both. 

certainly a St Mirren point of view and I am over the moon we won, as we should have according to the laws of the game, Sr Mirren 1 Motherwell 0, but as Stuart Kettlewell says, his team did play the better football, so calling them rubbish is churlish in the extreme.

8 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

Fair play to Saint's, you're a carbon copy of what we were when Robinson initially took us over. A mix of very decent play, good work ethic, and plenty of the tactical fouls and taking one for the team scenarios that utterly enrage the opposition support. All the stuff the fans love.

On the game and balance of play, we really should have taken a point and only have ourselves to blame through some poor finishing and decision making in the final 3rd. I've no doubt we'll be absolutely fine over the course of the season, but we really need our first choice forwards back ASAP.

In Turkey just now, so I'll head off now to drown my sorrows Efes.

well done you sir, an honest assessment, as to be fair is Kettlewells

2 hours ago, Abstract said:

Surely the most spurious VAR check of all time today too? Drawing the lines with Mandron who never came close being involved in the goal

Seemed to me the officials were doing everything to help them, constantly giving them fouls every time we challenged for the ball, , Why VAR was looking at the goal is a total mystery I wonder how far they went back to see if they could find anything,  

1 hour ago, Portmahomack Saint said:

Seemed to me the officials were doing everything to help them, constantly giving them fouls every time we challenged for the ball, , Why VAR was looking at the goal is a total mystery I wonder how far they went back to see if they could find anything,  

Not to be churlish as I have said a few times that I thought Well were better on the day BUT that ref today was buying everything Motherwell sold and the VAR inquest was ridiculous. We absolutely committed some fouls but not to the level he awarded. 

Didn't matter in the end but still poor.