Motherwell v Saints 16 Sept 2023

f**k it, full 2 weeks to go and a big international weekend before it but let's go as I haven't started a match thread in years (plus had 4 beers and a bottle of Malbec in the sun today). Biggest game between these sides since the last time we had a massive game at Fir Park ( season tickets akimbo, Sutton and Mehmet). Top of the top league clash and loads of misty eyed pish about huge away supports. Let's get it going, 2v3 to the Paisley Brazilian's of course.

2nd vs 3rd is a fucking brilliant place for both sides to be and definitely adds incentive that both teams obviously want to be up there as long as possible.

Am I correct in saying that Motherwell have only lost that one cup game against us in their last 15 matches going back to April?

Whoever wins, at this point the rest of the league should just band together and agree to chuck all fixtures against them for the rest of the season.

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Sorry to say, I think this thread will be worse, because it relates to a game/competition Motherwell actually want to win. 

Very true. The league cup is up there with the Challenge cup. In fact has the league cup started this season. Hardly noticed.

I suspect we will do well to keep this down to a 3 or 4 goal defeat what with the all conquering best St Mirren side in years coming to town. One wonders if they will have an interim Manager in charge by the time the game comes around…..

1 hour ago, TartanSpecial said:

Ready to boo Charles Dung the whole match! 😉

That’s not very nice. Charles Dunne gave your stand a round of applause at the League Cup game, and not in a sarcastic way or anything. He’s a very nice man. Christ, if you start booing everyone with a Motherwell connection who is currently doing a good job for St Mirren, you’ll be there all day. 😃