Motherwell v Saints 16 Sept 2023

1 hour ago, Al B said:

Look, we were with him for nearly 5 years...it was nice while it lasted and we had some really good times together. But you have to just accept that we moved on and now we've got a better one. We genuinely hope he's managed to find happiness...why can't you just do the same? Enjoy your new partner and your own good times instead on focusing on who he's been with in the past. Don't feel so intimidated....he looks really happy with you guys! You're great together 🙂

it's been longer than that, I remember the BBC 606 days when Tel was manager.
It was like wee man syndrome in club form.

Still is

Rent free and desperately trying to seek a proper derby with anyone 😄

Edited by Guest

8 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Shocked at that, I had in my head he was your assistant for a year and manager for 2, leaving in the third season.

Arrived as assistant to Baraclough 13th February 2015 through McGhee and leaves for Oldham on 9th July 2016 (512 days).

Back as first team coach 20th February 2017 until he resigned December 31st 2020 (1410 days).

Total of 1922 days = 5 years 3 months.

17 hours ago, Al B said:

Look, we were with him for nearly 5 years...it was nice while it lasted and we had some really good times together. But you have to just accept that we moved on and now we've got a better one. We genuinely hope he's managed to find happiness...why can't you just do the same? Enjoy your new partner and your own good times instead on focusing on who he's been with in the past. Don't feel so intimidated....he looks really happy with you guys! You're great together 🙂

The bolded part was definitely the funniest part of this really hilarious post. Aw ma sides. 🤣

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

The bolded part was definitely the funniest part of this really hilarious post. Aw ma sides. 🤣

Well he took a team which looked like relegation certainties for most of last season and finished 4 points and 20 (twenty) goals better off than the best St Mirren team in decades. We're also currently above the St Mirren legends that finished last season in 6th place and have made the quarter finals of this seasons League Cup, so...

200w(1).gif.f8455a6f1100a1961701fbf44799c746.gif

45 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Well he took a team which looked like relegation certainties for most of last season and finished 4 points and 20 (twenty) goals better off than the best St Mirren team in decades. We're also currently above the St Mirren legends that finished last season in 6th place and have made the quarter finals of this seasons League Cup, so...

200w(1).gif.f8455a6f1100a1961701fbf44799c746.gif

🤣🤣 I think you might’ve just outdone Ali B with that hilarious bolded bit. 🤣🤣

I'd say Motherwell are the poorest Premiership team we've faced this season, they offered nothing going forward and looked shaky at the back.

But their league form has been excellent, so presumably had an off day in Paisley. A draw and continuing our unbeaten run would be a decent result, a win would be fantastic.

Hopefully our globetrotting international superstars are all in good condition for this one.

4 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

I know 2 St Mirren supporters and they are 2 of the nicest guys you could ever hope to meet. When it comes to football chat there’s not even a hint of anything antagonistic or untoward, ever.

I can only imagine how I’d view St Mirren fans if all I had to go on were the posters on here…..

What has been said that's antagonistic or untoward in this thread aside from a few light-hearted jabs from both sides?

Thread has been very cordial so far actually.

27 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

I know 2 St Mirren supporters and they are 2 of the nicest guys you could ever hope to meet. When it comes to football chat there’s not even a hint of anything antagonistic or untoward, ever.

I can only imagine how I’d view St Mirren fans if all I had to go on were the posters on here…..

I know three 'Well fans who somehow manage not to be weirdly obsessed by us. 

Thankfully completely different from the majority of their fans on here.

Must be an internet thing.

Edited by FTOF

44 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

I had 2 or 3 teachers that were St Mirren fans, all decent guys but just very... St Mirreny. 

Hopefully, our five international stars come back unscathed (were New Zealand even in action, btw?). I know Gogic is playing on Tuesday v Spain and McMenamin will be playing in Kazakhstan tonight. I don't think our Aussie lads have any more games, though. Anyway, back to earth with a bump for them! No disrespect intended to our Well friends on here, but with all the tower blocks and drab sixties architecture, I always think Motherwell's reminiscent of a decaying, industrial Eastern bloc town. 

When I mentioned to my neighbour that I was going to Motherwell, he told me the town does has the distinction of making international headlines some years ago...but not for a good reason. 🤢 

I just hope we get the three points, otherwise it might prove to be quite a depressing day. 

2 hours ago, Allroy for Prez said:

We’re loveable, cuddly, sound as a pound. All of us…. Never antagonistic, and don’t you forget it, ya’ kunt. 😄

3 hours ago, Allroy for Prez said:

I know 2 St Mirren supporters and they are 2 of the nicest guys you could ever hope to meet. When it comes to football chat there’s not even a hint of anything annoying or smug ever.

I know what you  mean.

1 hour ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

Hopefully, our five international stars come back unscathed (were New Zealand even in action, btw?). I know Gogic is playing on Tuesday v Spain and McMenamin will be playing in Kazakhstan tonight. I don't think our Aussie lads have any more games, though. Anyway, back to earth with a bump for them! No disrespect intended to our Well friends on here, but with all the tower blocks and drab sixties architecture, I always think Motherwell's reminiscent of a decaying, industrial Eastern bloc town. 

When I mentioned to my neighbour that I was going to Motherwell, he told me the town does has the distinction of making international headlines some years ago...but not for a good reason. 🤢 

I just hope we get the three points, otherwise it might prove to be quite a depressing day. 

As someone who  frequents the Feegie Park area every other week for their football fix, I'm sure you'll survive the deprivation and squalor of Motherwell for one afternoon. Still, I hope it turns out to be the depressing day for the Buddies that you think it might. I'll go for 2-1 'Well in a very tight affair.