Motherwell v Saints 16 Sept 2023

8 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

As someone who  frequents the Feegie Park area every other week for their football fix, I'm sure you'll survive the deprivation and squalor of Motherwell for one afternoon. Still, I hope it turns out to be the depressing day for the Buddies that you think it might. I'll go for 2-1 'Well in a very tight affair.

It seems you had the good fortune to get out of Motherwell, then.

Conor missed a good chance tonight. He came off at half-time, too. Hopefully that means he's fresh for Saturday.

Screenshot2023-09-1102_45_59.png.4c45f17e29f6807fcbfe2070718144fd.png

Edited by Black_and_White_Stripes

12 hours ago, Molotov said:

Which ‘Well player will big Chas target this time? 

Why stop at just Chas Dunne ? My main fear is your team of hatchet men will indiscriminately target all our creative and silky players. Knowing that may knock this table topping side out of our stride. Quite sure that will be the approach. The sooner 5pm comes around and we hopefully have no injuries the better 🙏.  Though I fear that may not happen. Oh and 3 points to boot. That will do quite nicely. 

12 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Why stop at just Chas Dunne ? My main fear is your team of hatchet men will indiscriminately target all our creative and silky players. Knowing that may knock this table topping side out of our stride. Quite sure that will be the approach. The sooner 5pm comes around and we hopefully have no injuries the better 🙏.  Though I fear that may not happen. Oh and 3 points to boot. That will do quite nicely. 

Would be good, just hope the weathers decent to avoid more of those "Slip" excuses 

15 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Harsh describing it as a miss, he and the defender both slid in and the defender made an excellent interception to nick the ball away. McMenamin was decent, I thought.

I haven't seen it. The BBC describe it as a miss, which based on what you've written sounds like a factual inaccuracy....unless they meant a 'missed opportunity', I suppose.

12 hours ago, welldaft said:

Ach, it's not our fault your man Biereth is made of glass. I'm going to stick my neck out and go for 3-1 Saints and for you all to disappear from this thread like a fart in the wind.

ETA:

Screenshot2023-09-1123_59_05.png.5b8147c5d07f3af92718bfc3f05cb4c8.png

An upset? We've already beaten this mob once this season and we're also unbeaten in the league... 🤯 

If we're to finish in the top four, then we need to beat diddies like these.

Edited by Black_and_White_Stripes

I am reading a book about the history of Scottish football from 1945 until 1985. In the chapter for our cup winning year of 1952 it states that our combined attendance for the entire cup run exceeded half a million . I was astounded by that number so I checked who we played in that cup run and lo and behold we played St Mirren at fir park . So if you subtract the 400,000 that travelled from Paisley the half million is not that incredible I suppose . 

PS the actual attendance at that game was only 4000 but we know they like to exaggerate.

7 minutes ago, well again said:

I am reading a book about the history of Scottish football from 1945 until 1985. In the chapter for our cup winning year of 1952 it states that our combined attendance for the entire cup run exceeded half a million . I was astounded by that number so I checked who we played in that cup run and lo and behold we played St Mirren at fir park . So if you subtract the 400,000 that travelled from Paisley the half million is not that incredible I suppose . 

PS the actual attendance at that game was only 4000 but we know they like to exaggerate.

Post war attendances from the 40s all the way to the mid 1970s were absolutely ridiculous. 

The Scottish Cup final averaged about 100-110k fans per year.

This thread will be a car crash on Saturday evening if there’s a winner in the game. If Motherwell win, they’ll be jizzing over their keyboards. If St Mirren win, the Motherwell lads will be giving it ‘enjoy your win, but over the past thirty top flight seasons Motherwell have consistently had better steak & gravy pies for sale than you, and our tea and coffee is far better than yours, and we score 1.2 goals per game to your average of 0.9 per game.’

Please God, let it finish 1-1.

3 hours ago, well again said:

It wasn't played at Fir Park , it was Love St , in Feb '52 , and the crowd was 29,651 !

5 hours ago, pozbaird said:

This thread will be a car crash on Saturday evening if there’s a winner in the game. If Motherwell win, they’ll be jizzing over their keyboards. If St Mirren win, the Motherwell lads will be giving it ‘enjoy your win, but over the past thirty top flight seasons Motherwell have consistently had better steak & gravy pies for sale than you, and our tea and coffee is far better than yours, and we score 1.2 goals per game to your average of 0.9 per game.’

All of which ^ is true.

Arguably this is a bigger game than Scotland v England.  And if we win I will simply wish the Paisley St Mirren the very best of luck for the rest of the season. There will be no gloating here I can assure you. 

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

All of which ^ is true.

Arguably this is a bigger game than Scotland v England.  And if we win I will simply wish the Paisley St Mirren the very best of luck for the rest of the season. There will be no gloating here I can assure you. 

Clearly sarcasm, but to me this absolutely is a much bigger game than the Scotland v England (meaningless) friendly. Just like I had no interest in our pre-season game with Morton, I didn't even watch the game at Hampden. I follow the national team, but this was simply a money-spinner for the SFA.

You lot seem to have got all uppity since Kettlewell saved you from relegation last season. Whilst you have admittedly had a great start, we've already beaten you this season and you were 💩

COYS!