Disposable vapes

3 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

"I don't like it, so it should be banned."

I'm very much in this camp in general.

On these, however, I think the same obsession with reducing single use plastic that is applied everywhere else should apply.

Either add a hefty enough deposit on them that encourages users to return them to the vendor to be recycled when buying a new one, or ban them being made from plastic.

Where in the UK has highest smoking rate?  The Scottish answer may surprise you!

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/healthandlifeexpectancies/bulletins/adultsmokinghabitsingreatbritain/2022

Edited by ICTChris

4 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

Just get the police to fine folk who leave them at their arse; I order mine in bulk online and keep them in my house, no reason for me to lose out because minks don't have any sense of respect for the environment. 

What do you think happens when you put things in the bin?

Something else I find odd about vaping is that it seems like parents nowadays are more lenient towards that compared to smoking.

As a dumb teenager I started smoking to get my hole and I used to spray my self with deodorant before I went home thinking I was a genius til the parents started asking why I always smelled of deodorant when I walked in. I gave up smoking years ago but I don't quite get if I'm being a boomer by thinking parents seem a lot more okay with their kids tanning vapes over smoking cigarettes back in the day. 

Being serious for a minute, it must do some serious damage. If I have a particularly stressful day I'll reach for a vape and cheeb the life out it. Before long my arms are shaking and I'm twitching from the neck to the knees. It completely fucking riddles my nervous system.

Working in a pub the amount of punters/colleagues I see smoking these is ridiculous. Forgetting the environment, they cost a fortune and seem to be as addictive if not worse than cigarettes are, 5 years ago not many people I worked with smoked/vapes and now loads of them do, the vast majority being younger ones and they’re all using disposables except a couple older ones. People on minimum wage spending a tenner every other day on a vape is mental, get them to f**k. 

16 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

Just get the police to fine folk who leave them at their arse; I order mine in bulk online and keep them in my house, no reason for me to lose out because minks don't have any sense of respect for the environment. 

I assume you collect them and take them to an appropriate place to be recycled?

1 hour ago, The Golden God said:

Working in a pub the amount of punters/colleagues I see smoking these is ridiculous. Forgetting the environment, they cost a fortune and seem to be as addictive if not worse than cigarettes are, 5 years ago not many people I worked with smoked/vapes and now loads of them do, the vast majority being younger ones and they’re all using disposables except a couple older ones. People on minimum wage spending a tenner every other day on a vape is mental, get them to f**k. 

It's almost as if,under the guise of getting rid of something bad for you,they've rebranded that bad for you thing  into something else,just as addictive,for a new generation of consumers.

Edited by highlandmac

9 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Being serious for a minute, it must do some serious damage. If I have a particularly stressful day I'll reach for a vape and cheeb the life out it. Before long my arms are shaking and I'm twitching from the neck to the knees. It completely fucking riddles my nervous system.

The level of nicotine in them is ridiculous and if you're battering away at it then you'll get symptoms like this. If I remember you weren't a smoker before taking up vapes? Your body won't have been used to that level of nicotine.

2 hours ago, The Golden God said:

In fairness, it's up to them what they spend their wages on. Same could be said of someone on minimum wage buying a £5 coffee everyday 

46 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

In fairness, it's up to them what they spend their wages on. Same could be said of someone on minimum wage buying a £5 coffee everyday 

I agree, it’s their money and they are free to waste, at least coffee has some benefits though (and I say this as someone who doesn’t drink it or smoke vapes).