Week 1

lichtie23

17 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

It’s less than 1 quarter into the season 😄

Boo Khaki is comfortably the most negative poster on here, by a distance. I don't think I've ever seen him make a post that wasn't complaining about something that's happened in a game, I'm not sure if he actually enjoys anything about the sport. But he is spot on about Staley, he's a bum.

3 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

UK TV ads are bad enough, then September comes around and I realise just how lucky we are we don't have to watch US national TV.

You have no idea…it’s now a parade of either cell phone company, cable company or medicine ads 24/7, then add in beer and cars on the weekends. Spectrum is in a pissing contest with ESPN and Disney, so those channels are cut off…which means no Manning Show during the Monday Night game, thankfully the rest are on something besides ESPN, although given some of the play so far, I wouldn’t mind them being there.

3 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Impressive drive this from Fields. Showing some maturity 

Just can't finish it off with the TD. Been a problem for the Bears for a long time. Hate bringing the refs up but thought that could have been called a penalty on Kmet.

Edited by Angus_Don

4 minutes ago, Super_A said:

Boo Khaki is comfortably the most negative poster on here, by a distance. I don't think I've ever seen him make a post that wasn't complaining about something that's happened in a game, I'm not sure if he actually enjoys anything about the sport. But he is spot on about Staley, he's a bum.

I'll admit to being negative, and it's because I hate piss-poor execution and fundamentally poor football, and there is so much of that around the NFL compared to the pre-Free Agency era that I invariably spot it and moan about it when it happens. But, when it comes to LAC I am not needlessly negative for the sake of it. I've always praised Ek, Allen, Herbert, and I even defended Lombardi for longer than I should have because plenty of people were expecting him to call an offense LAC just didn't have the skill position players to run. What I will not excuse or defend is a supposedly Defensively-minded HC who continually puts out one of the most ineffective D's in the league, learns nothing from watching his scheme fail in exactly the same way every single week for 2 full seasons +, and doesn't even have the fallback of being able to claim it's because of a lack of talent or pick/money investment.

We have a shitty ownership that continually recruits inept coaching, which leads to a perpetually underwhelming W/L record and the product on the field falling way short of what it should be given the talent. So far in this game the D looks exactly like I suspected it would, i.e. totally underwhelming in exactly the same way it has been since week 1 of Staley's tenure. Considering that, I don't think it's in any way ridiculous to want him fired less than 1 Q into 2023, because I think firing him after the WC shambles would have been perfectly justifiable, so the only reason for keeping him on would be on the basis that he learned something and put it right in the offseason. The noises were all the right noises, yet to the eyeball it's yet more of the exact same shit that could and probably should have seen him fired back in January.

And what a surprise, Mike Williams rolling around on the floor already.

I assume the commentator on the Chargers game learned his licks as a radio commentator (maybe horse racing?), and although he’s commentating on NFL football on TV, still thinks he’s at Churchill Downs with the final furlong in sight.

Has to be the only logical explanation. Either that or he was one of those blokes who conducted livestock auctions.

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I assume the commentator on the Chargers game learned his licks as a radio commentator (maybe horse racing?), and although he’s commentating on NFL football on TV, still thinks he’s at Churchill Downs with the final furlong in sight.

Has to be the only logical explanation. Either that or he was one of those blokes who conducted livestock auctions.

Kevin Harlan is the best in the business