Late Games (9.25pm)

Raiders @ Broncos

Eagles @ Patriots

Rams @ Seahawks

Dolphins @ Chargers

Packers @ Bears

SNF (1.20am)

Cowboys @ Giants

Week 1 kicked off with the Lions upsetting the Chiefs at Arrowhead. All attention turns to Sunday now as 28 teams kick off their 2023/24 season. 

7 of the 14 games are divisional contests. With the Monday night games also being a divisional matchup. 

The Bears are in the unusual position of being favourite against the Packers while last seasons Super Bowl loser Eagles travel to Foxboro to face New England. The Steelers & 49ers matchup has the potential to be a cracker as does the Chargers and Dolphins. I have the pleasure of staying up until the early hours to watch my Giants host the horrible b*****ding Cowboys at MetLife! I really hate they p***ks 

Enjoy week 1 lads 

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Week 1 kicked off with the Lions upsetting the Chiefs at Arrowhead. All attention turns to Sunday now as 28 teams kick off their 2023/24 season. 

7 of the 14 games are divisional contests. With the Monday night games also being a divisional matchup. 

The Bears are in the unusual position of being favourite against the Packers while last seasons Super Bowl loser Eagles travel to Foxboro to face New England. The Steelers & 49ers matchup has the potential to be a cracker as does the Chargers and Dolphins. I have the pleasure of staying up until the early hours to watch my Giants host the horrible b*****ding Cowboys at MetLife! I really hate they p***ks 

Enjoy week 1 lads 

These are the games that Sky will be showing on Sunday evening / night. I want to watch the 49ers game but I also want to see Scott Hanson in glorious HD on RedZone...

Looking forward to watching the Titans this evening, quietly confident about beating the Saints tonight and generally optimistic about the season ahead.

I imagine it will be quite the marked improvement on last season. The introduction of D'Hop, a fit Henry out to prove a RB point, a fit Burks, an improved O' line, Henry's back up Spears looks the business too. A fit Tannehill (Say it quietly...but his stats are actually ok). The Defence is pretty much back to full fitness after missing the majority of them last term.

The King is ready and so am I!

Screenshot_20230910_144404_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.c27be137460b4d406b6964ba98ab504f.jpg

Best of luck for the season fellow P&Bers.

3 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Would be delighted to be wrong on this, but can see us losing to the Broncos today and the season quickly spiralling out of control as McDaniels alienates the few allies he has left.

I think you might be right. Raiders have a few good players and they are not as talent-deficient as genuine turd teams, but I have no faith in McDaniels whatsoever, and I think if things don't go to plan early it could turn into the sort of farce where the players are in open revolt and have downed tools by week 7 or 8.

You might get lucky, Wilson comes out today and still looks completely cooked, and you start 1-0 with a Division win. That would take the heat off for a while at least, but over the season I can't see Vegas winning any more than 6-7 games maximum, and that could still mean a 4th place finish.

22 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I think you might be right. Raiders have a few good players and they are not as talent-deficient as genuine turd teams, but I have no faith in McDaniels whatsoever, and I think if things don't go to plan early it could turn into the sort of farce where the players are in open revolt and have downed tools by week 7 or 8.

You might get lucky, Wilson comes out today and still looks completely cooked, and you start 1-0 with a Division win. That would take the heat off for a while at least, but over the season I can't see Vegas winning any more than 6-7 games maximum, and that could still mean a 4th place finish.

If everything clicks we max out at about 8 or 9 wins anyway, so I’m almost not even fussed if this is just a ‘get rid of McDaniels’ type of season.

That said, handing the Broncos a 7th straight defeat in the series would be lovely, and Week 1 is probably as good a time as any to face a team who have made a lot of changes.